Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Football Recruiting

Constant Recruiting Update (7/19) - Part Two is Thorough Visit by Visit Analysis

July 15, 2023
7,368

STILLWATER – Lets start where Part One finished as the summer dead period is on for Division I college football recruiting.  The dead period begins at midnight June 26 and will continue through midnight July 24.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Constant Recruiting Update (7/19) - Part Two is Thorough Visit by Visit Analysis

6,816 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Joe Khatib
Eddy Hackleman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good stuff, when I noticed Branham standing in the background in one of the pictures from Camp I took that as a positive. I spoke with his Dad about it, he said that he was bringing some other kids to camp and that Kobe wanted to come see everyone again. Branham and Carrroll would be a great addition. Thanks for the update.
CYalch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert, I'm a HS kid in Tulsa so I'm in the loop of some local recruits social media. De'von Jordan posted that we've told him he can play both sides of the ball. Probably something OU and especially Bama can't offer.
rcfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6 open spots for OL and and only one commit is concerning. We have to get 5 more commits this cycle. If we don't close on who we have in this story ( around 5-6 OL) then we open ourselves to new scouting and late bloomers and reach guys. Hopefully we land atleast 3-4 of these guys! Will be a great class if we can land Smith at QB, 4-5 OL mentioned here, Luke webb, Jones and one more DE.

Jordon will be a bonus.
rcfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kobe Branham just committed to Arkansas, we can remove him off our list.
Eddy Hackleman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rcfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kyle reed committed to Baylor
PokeRob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Tate will commit to Baylor. At least that is what 247 is saying.
MidTownPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to update this.

Also, really hope we can somehow beat BYU for Smith. He's a stud QB.
RodeoPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MidTownPoke said:

Time to update this.

Also, really hope we can somehow beat BYU for Smith. He's a stud QB.
I'm not sure BYU is still after him, they selected another QB one Smith said he was going to honor his visit to Stillwater. They may take two, but doubtful....
rcfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brett caroll commits to Minnesota. OL recruiting, lackluster.
MidTownPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rcfb said:

Brett caroll commits to Minnesota. OL recruiting, lackluster.


That's the Charlie Dickey effect
MidTownPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RodeoPoke said:

MidTownPoke said:

Time to update this.

Also, really hope we can somehow beat BYU for Smith. He's a stud QB.
I'm not sure BYU is still after him, they selected another QB one Smith said he was going to honor his visit to Stillwater. They may take two, but doubtful....


QB they took is going on a mission. They still very much want Smith.
CYalch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep. Here we go back to offering kids that don't have competitive offers…
RodeoPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CYalch said:

Yep. Here we go back to offering kids that don't have competitive offers…
I hope our coaches don't use that as a barometer of recruiting.... sounds like silly parlor recruiting gimmicks 101.

Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MidTownPoke said:

RodeoPoke said:

MidTownPoke said:

Time to update this.

Also, really hope we can somehow beat BYU for Smith. He's a stud QB.
I'm not sure BYU is still after him, they selected another QB one Smith said he was going to honor his visit to Stillwater. They may take two, but doubtful....


QB they took is going on a mission. They still very much want Smith.
So what did they tell the kid who you say is going on a Mission, this is just a token offer? You do realize that is why Justin Kirkland ended up at Utah Tech and not BYU OR UTAH BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT PROMISE TO GUARATEE HIS SCHOLARSHIP AFTER HE COMPLETED HIS MISSION!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.