Story Poster
Oklahoma State Football

Spring Football Review: Defensive Tackles Find New Coach Randolph Has Helped Them Too

May 19, 2024
2,296

STILLWATER – The word had kind of leaked out and then it was fully reported, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy had made a coaching change and it wasn’t because another school poached his coach. Gundy looked at his defense, which despite winning 10 games last season and being solid on turnovers and spectacular on fourth down stops, allowed right at 442-yards a game by opposing offenses. That broke down to 167-yards on average a game rushing and 275-yards passing.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Spring Football Review: Defensive Tackles Find New Coach Randolph Has Helped Them Too

2,136 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Joe Khatib
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe it is the deepest D-lineman groups OSU has had. Looking forward to watching this group. Thanks for the breakdown. GO POKES!!!
Orangeheart72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert, assume DE's up next. Really appreciate you doing this series of articles. Great effort and insight!
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TUSKAPOKE said:

I believe it is the deepest D-lineman groups OSU has had. Looking forward to watching this group. Thanks for the breakdown. GO POKES!!!
It reminds me some of the 2021 group that allowed Jim Knowles to mix and match because he had five solid bodies that he could utilize on the interior!!!
RodeoPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joe Khatib said:

TUSKAPOKE said:

I believe it is the deepest D-lineman groups OSU has had. Looking forward to watching this group. Thanks for the breakdown. GO POKES!!!
It reminds me some of the 2021 group that allowed Jim Knowles to mix and match because he had five solid bodies that he could utilize on the interior!!!
exactly, definately not the deepest ever, not even close, but a solid and semi-deep group that should allow for great pressure, and/or, stuff the run up the middle

TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please enlighten us with your opinion of the D-line group you consider "deeper"..... Sherk? Dokes/White? O'Neal? Williams? Gildon? Ogbah?.....Please dominate another post and tell other posters they are wrong and you know better. Living another minute without knowing everything you think is ruining today and a reason why many no longer post (pay?) because they just do not want to deal with you. Have a wonderful Sunday PM.
MidTownPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully our blitz packages aren't as transparent as they were last season. Maybe being more multiple will help with that.
Guitar54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Having a bad day?
RodeoPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TUSKAPOKE said:

Please enlighten us with your opinion of the D-line group you consider "deeper"..... Sherk? Dokes/White? O'Neal? Williams? Gildon? Ogbah?.....Please dominate another post and tell other posters they are wrong and you know better. Living another minute without knowing everything you think is ruining today and a reason why many no longer post (pay?) because they just do not want to deal with you. Have a wonderful Sunday PM.
... and straight into personal attacks.

back on ignore for you... bye
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TUSKAPOKE said:

Please enlighten us with your opinion of the D-line group you consider "deeper"..... Sherk? Dokes/White? O'Neal? Williams? Gildon? Ogbah?.....Please dominate another post and tell other posters they are wrong and you know better. Living another minute without knowing everything you think is ruining today and a reason why many no longer post (pay?) because they just do not want to deal with you. Have a wonderful Sunday PM.
One thing Knowles would do is literally have Tyler Lacey play the one (nose), three (inside tackle) or the five (defensive end or edge) in a single game because of his size 6-5 295 and athleticism!!! That combination was a reason he was a fourth round draft pick last year in 2023! I also liked the way Knowles would utilize both the three and four man fronts which I believe Nardo and the defensive coaches are trying to utilize more of this upcoming season!!! Also remember opinions are like a******* every body has one and many times they stink LOL! Peace!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.