Story Poster
Photo by Sean Ellertson USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football

(New Edit to Reflect New DC) Way Too Early Depth Chart Projection: Part Two/Defense

January 23, 2023

STILLWATER – Here’s a fact for you: did you know that there are 115 players that are going through offseason workouts, and that could grow a few more in numbers? That is a big group that will train and head towards spring football.

Now, the offense and defense are very different. The offensive depth chart had some transfers and newcomers, but there are a lot of players coming back from injury seasons and there is a good number of veteran players.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

(New Edit to Reflect New DC) Way Too Early Depth Chart Projection: Part Two/Defense

4,324 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Csquaredosu66
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is where the portal may have the biggest impact by adding, in a literal sense, four starters, plus Goodlowe could move from End into the DT position, with very experienced guys like Latu and Walterschied at End, since he is 290 pounds and fairly quick! There is also good young talent on that side of the ball as Robert pointed out!! Could be fun to watch this unit next season! We shall see!
CanadianCowboy
You took my words, Joe. All I can add is that it appears that (provided that the new guys quickly pick up the scheme of the defense) we have truly viable rotation depth at every position giving us the ability to stay fresh and productive through a full game. Go Pokes!
Csquaredosu66
Kirkland 330LBS???? That has to be a typo...if that is the truth...I am BEYOND excited about this kid,
Joe Khatib
Csquaredosu66 said:

Kirkland 330LBS???? That has to be a typo...if that is the truth...I am BEYOND excited about this kid,
He measured just over 6' 4" and 332 lbs and as Robert said he did 35 straight on the 225 lift, an example is Malcolm Rodriguez who did 36 straight last year at the pro day before the draft! That is a show of tremendous strength!!!
Csquaredosu66
Joe Khatib said:

Csquaredosu66 said:

He measured just over 6' 4" and 332 lbs and as Robert said he did 35 straight on the 225 lift, an example is Malcolm Rodriguez who did 36 straight last year at the pro day before the draft! That is a show of tremendous strength!!!
Thats a DOG!
rcfb
Defensive Tackle is suspect at best. If we don't have a stud, opponents are going to run for 200 yards every game. Safeties are loaded. Will be fun to watch them operate this year. Also good Benson will not be starting, he was a bit tentative most of the plays last year, hopefully Nick Martin is as good.

Korie Black is good enough if he puts his mind and will into it. some times it feels like he doesn't care. I hope Epps emerges out of that CB position by end of year.

DE/LEOs are great!
pokeacola
We got hammered in the portal but we hammered it right back.!! Looking forward to spring ball to get a sense of where we will be come fall. If Bowman can be the Bowman of old then we might be pretty darn good!
Gbullard7
Thanks for the update. Can you list the new positions for the depth players like Landon Dean, Rick Lolohea, Possa Utu, Ike Esonwune, walk-ons, etc.?
DontTreadOnPete
What happened to Xavier Ross? And how did Benson go from 3rd string in the last article to a starter now?
Ohiopoke
Looks like RA left out one of the two tackle spots.
Csquaredosu66
Ohiopoke said:

Looks like RA left out one of the two tackle spots.
It was there, but I think with Nardo coming in and moving us to a true 3-3-5, I am guessing RA adjusted.
SWCowboyD
The player that is affected the most by the 3-3-5 is Collin Oliver. He's either got to beef up this summer and add some weight to play DT or stay at his present weight (possibly lose some) and move to LB. Otherwise, he's only gonna be on the field in certain situations. It would be nice to see him on the field more.
Csquaredosu66
SWCowboyD said:

The player that is affected the most by the 3-3-5 is Collin Oliver. He's either got to beef up this summer and add some weight to play DT or stay at his present weight (possibly lose some) and move to LB. Otherwise, he's only gonna be on the field in certain situations. It would be nice to see him on the field more.
It will be the same exact position he plays today. LEO. Stand up LB/DE.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.