Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Oklahoma State Announces Estimated $325 Million Athletics Vision Plan

February 27, 2023

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State announced on Monday an estimated $325 million athletic vision plan, which includes facility upgrades and multiple new buildings.

As you can see from the video put out by the athletic department, this is going to be a massive undertaking.

Related: Additional details on OSU’s estimated $325 million athletics vision plan

According to the email, the plans include a new football operations center, softball stadium where Allie P. Reynolds Stadium is and a huge parking lot where the current softball stadium is right now, as well as a new indoor track facility. It also includes a new training facility for Cowboy wrestling, repurposed areas in the West End Zone of Boone Pickens Stadium and Gallagher-Iba Arena for student-athlete services that include a new academics center and spaces for mental health, leadership and career development. The plans also include upgrades to Karsten Creek and the Pedigo-Hull Equestrian Center.

This plan also includes the athletic performance center that was announced last week.

“This is a time of conference realignment and unprecedented transformation in college athletics,” Weiberg said in the email from the athletics department. “With a history that includes 52 NCAA titles, for us to continue to achieve championship results, now is not the time to pause or rest on past accomplishments, but to honor those accomplishments by pushing forward and building upon what has been started.  This vision plan provides a road map for the next phase of an athletics village that will be unrivaled in collegiate sports.”

Athletic director Chad Weiberg is meeting with the media at 11 a.m. to further discuss the plans. So, we’ll have more thorough updates on Pokes Report later in the day.

Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Announces Estimated $325 Million Athletics Vision Plan

3,929 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Doug Gosney
thetruth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder how much money has been raised for this plan? Generally when you announce a capital campaign of this magnitude you have a lead gift(s) of half (or more) the necessary amount needed...
Darth Vader
I'm glad we're taking care of wrestling. We've fallen behind the Big 10 schools during the facilities mania of the last 15 years or so. This should definitely help. Also glad we're taking care of softball - absolutely deserved and necessary.
Doug Gosney
Thanks for the good info. Any idea how much of this is funded at this point? "Shovel ready"? Thanks.
Zach Lancaster
Staff
Doug Gosney said:

Thanks for the good info. Any idea how much of this is funded at this point? "Shovel ready"? Thanks.
So we met with Chad Weiberg this morning and he said they received good feedback/support from their big donors and hope by announcing the entire plan more people will be willing to donate. He said there's no timetable on any of the projects, nor is there any priority on projects. I'm fixing to publish his entire press conference here in just a few minutes
Darth Vader
Zach Lancaster said:

Doug Gosney said:

So we met with Chad Weiberg this morning and he said they received good feedback/support from their big donors and hope by announcing the entire plan more people will be willing to donate. He said there's no timetable on any of the projects, nor is there any priority on projects. I'm fixing to publish his entire press conference here in just a few minutes
Oh, so in other words, everything will be obsolete by the time they're done. I kid, I kid! Is there any money built in to buy out Boynton? I kid again! Well, partly kid.
Doug Gosney
Thanks Zach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.