Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Cowgirls Basketball Twitter
Oklahoma State Women's Basketball

Oklahoma State Loses to Texas in the Big 12 Semifinals

March 11, 2023

KANSAS CITY— Oklahoma State's women's basketball team saw its Big 12 Championship run come to an end on Saturday afternoon with a 64-57 semifinal loss to Texas inside Municipal Auditorium.

“It's always disappointing to lose this time of the year,” coach Jacie Hoyt said after the game. “I thought the game we battled. Proud of our effort and our fight. I thought there were a couple of possessions or calls that really could have swung the game any which way, but ultimately, we put ourselves in a position. I'm very proud of that. Proud of the season that we had. I can talk on that later. Really just perspective, you know. I think there were a lot of takeaways from this game that are going to carry forward into next week, and that's what we plan on doing.”

OSU took a couple of early leads courtesy of 3-pointers from Lior Garzon, the second giving the Cowgirls a 9-8 advantage with six minutes to go in the first. Texas would answer with the next six before OSU would get within one at 16-15 with 90 seconds to go.

The Longhorns would lead, 19-15, after the first quarter.

The Cowgirls would pull within one at 21-20 and got within two on four separate occasions in the second, but OSU could never pull even.

Texas would take a 34-29 lead into the half.

OSU would once again pull within a point at 34-33 before the Longhorns stretched the margin to 47-35 with four minutes left in the period. UT would lead by nine at 51-42 through three frames.

A 3-pointers from Naomie Alnatas would get OSU within six at 53-47 two minutes into the fourth, but the Cowgirls could get no closer.

Alnatas finished with 13 points, while Garzon and Kassidy De Lapp each added 11.

Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Loses to Texas in the Big 12 Semifinals

660 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nativepoke918
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.