Story Poster
Photo by Bruce Waterfield/OSU Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Watch: Mike Gundy Speaks Ahead of Spring Practice Week Three

April 3, 2023

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State entered its third week of spring football on Monday, with Cowboys’ head coach Mike Gundy addressing the progress up to this point.

"The enthusiasm level is higher [this spring], said head coach Mike Gundy. “I said that last week and the only thing I can attribute to it is so many more new players that are mature and not as many young new players. Like in the past, at semester, you're bringing in four or five high school players, so they're not gonna really be vocal. I mean, they're just trying to figure it out. There's so many more veteran players that have come in here that are older, and it makes a difference."

He talked about the progression the run game, including sophomore running back Ollie Gordon’s improvements since arriving on campus last January. Jaden Nixon has also shown improvement and is also bigger and stronger than he was in the fall.

He also talked about the improvements the offensive line has made over the previous months, which includes both integrating newcomers into the mix and changing the run schemes.

Quarterback newcomers Alan Bowman and true freshman Zane Flores were also addressed at length, as was returning receiver, Jaden Bray, who’s missed significant time the past two seasons.

Pokes Report will have more in-depth articles later Monday evening.

Discussion from...

Watch: Mike Gundy Speaks Ahead of Spring Practice Week Three

1,344 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Zach Lancaster
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.