Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Softball

On the Eve of Bedlam Softball, Coaches Guarantee Future Bedlam at HOF Stadium

May 1, 2024

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State will travel to Norman this weekend to the Sooners new Love’s Field for the Bedlam Series of Softball. It has become one of the premier weekends in the regular season of college softball, which is why the Big 12 scheduled it for the final regular season weekend. News on the eve of the final Big 12 Conference Bedlam softball series is that it will continue in some form and likely at Hall of Fame Stadium, the home of the NCAA Women’s College World Series. 

Game one on Friday night in Norman between the No. 4 Cowgirls and the No. 2 Sooners will be at 6:30 on FS1. The Saturday game at noon in nationally televised on ESPN. The Sunday meeting at 3 p.m. will be televised on ESPN2. No other softball series gets that kind of television exposure.

Robert Allen - Pokes Report
Kenny Gajewski of Oklahoma State

There has been talk of the softball series continuing, positive opinions from both sides, while other sports have been lukewarm to not-at-all. It’s just not possible in football or doesn’t make sense unless each schools clears their schedule. Kenny Gajewksi and Patty Gasso speaking today are thinking alike. KWTV (Channel 9) had comments from both coaches on the plan to continue Bedlam softball. 

“These are two of the best teams in college softball,” Gajewski said in his media availablility on Wednesday. “We’re just 60 miles apart, so it makes an awful lot of sense (to play). It seems very natural.”

SoonerSports
Patty Gasso of OU

“I thimk we have come up with a mutual date, I don’t know what it is,” OU head coach Patty Gasso said. “Part of the plan is to play at Hall-of-Fame Stadium. I know there have been rumblings (from other sources), but I do know we reached out to them and it sounds like it’s happening.”

Looks like a neutral site game, maybe two in the future for Bedlam softball.

Discussion from...

On the Eve of Bedlam Softball, Coaches Guarantee Future Bedlam at HOF Stadium

625 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by TUSKAPOKE
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GO COWGIRLS!!! BEAT THE SEWERNERS!!!
RodeoPoke
I'm really disappointed to hear that the series will continue, especially us having to travel down to OKC.

TUSKAPOKE
I agree. Just cut all ties with them, unless we have to play in a regional or championship series, until all of this realignment is done. A vacation from them would do us good. I could care less if we ever play them again in any sport.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.