Story Poster
Photo by USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football Recruiting

Former Sooner Gavin Freeman Explains the Switch to Orange and Oklahoma State

May 5, 2024

STILLWATER – It couldn’t have been easy for Gavin Freeman as he is the son of former University of Oklahoma tight end Jason Freeman. Gavin walked on at Oklahoma and made plays, scored touchdowns inside Owen Field and heard the roar of OU fans and the notes of “Boomer Sooner.” But Freeman announced just before April 30 that he was entering the NCAA Transfer Portal and after investigating several schools.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Former Sooner Gavin Freeman Explains the Switch to Orange and Oklahoma State

7,980 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by backphil
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome!!! GO POKES!!!
JakeBilger6
Go Pokes! Glad to have him aboard
Si
Great choice Gavin, look forward to you driving defenses crazy!
Joe Khatib
This one seems pretty interesting as his Grandfather Ron Freeman went to OSU and played for Phil Cutcheon in the mid 1960s but his father was a rabid OU Sooner during his entire career and used to take shots at OSU in the media during his playing days!!! Quite interesting!!!
CProc7
It's always nice to have play makers, but he said he wants more playing time. Not to be mean to him but we have way better WRs than that other school in our state. Maybe he can play when BP needs a rest?
RodeoPoke
CProc7 said:

It's always nice to have play makers, but he said he wants more playing time. Not to be mean to him but we have way better WRs than that other school in our state. Maybe he can play when BP needs a rest?
in the article, it says that he has his redshirt year left, and BP only has one year left. I think the intent is for him to redshirt and then take over the slot for the next 2 years.

CProc7
Well there you go. Sounds like a plan to me!
pokeacola
I remember how fast, shifty, and elusive he is. Now, get some interior D line guys and a RB.
backphil
His high school resume and records at Heritage Hall exceed that of another highly successful and record breaking slot receiver in the NFL who starred at Heritage Hall and was considered too small to play Div 1 football. Texas Tech took a chance on him, and the rest is history. I think this is a great pick up with unlimited upside.
Class 1980
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.