Story Poster
Photo by Jerod Hill/OSU Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Nobody Knew it was Going to Happen, but Gavin Freeman's Jump was Michael Jordan Worthy

August 11, 2024

STILLWATER – This spring I joked with Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy that he should campaign with Nike, Inc. founder and CEO emeritus Phil Knight about making Oklahoma State a “Michael Jordan and jump man” school. Knight had been pestering his staff and the Oklahoma State sales rep with getting Gundy to come on an annual trip that Knight takes and hosts prominent college football coaches on.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Nobody Knew it was Going to Happen, but Gavin Freeman's Jump was Michael Jordan Worthy

1,412 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Joe Khatib
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His transfer here is going to be a bigger deal than people realize at this time!!! He would have played and seen a good number of minutes in the OU offense if he had stayed! I think he was a favorite of Jeff Lebby and when he left to take the Mississippi State job that created a lot of uncertainty and questions in his mind and thus he is here at OSU!!!
rcfb
I heard his issues were ball protection and catching. No one better to teach him that than Coach Dunn. Hopefully he becomes a weapon for us next season and this season we use him selectively . Hopefully against teams like Arkansas, Utah, KSU and WVU.
Joe Khatib
His dad Jason was a big fan of Jeff Lebby, the current OC in Gooner land Latrell, not so much!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.