Story Poster
Photo by Jerod Hill/OSU Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Oklahoma State Depth Chart? No, But Scenarios? Yes!

August 18, 2024

STILLWATER – Will there or will there not be a pregame depth chart in the game notes when Oklahoma State hosts the media on Thursday of this week (Aug. 22) for the first Mike Gundy news conference for the 2024 season. Gundy has always liked having the first game news conference over a week ahead of time. That way his next week doesn’t have a media interruption during the preparation. Not much will change, if anything between Thursday and Saturday, Aug. 31 at 1 p.m.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Depth Chart? No, But Scenarios? Yes!

2,478 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Robert Allen
COWBOYLANCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent article , ........but......what about the OL?
pokeacola
yes, would like RAs thots there. I assume it's like last year with rotating in McFadden, Dotson,Sanders, and maybe Harvey and Henry...
pokeacola
Mkitierko...too. Got some depth
Robert Allen
Staff
Sorry guys, working on three stories and I just accidentally skipped the offensive line. That could get me in a lot of trouble. Thanks to the reminder I got it up.
CowboyKip
Robert, I thought that Gavin wanted to use his redshirt this year and have two years to play after Brennon graduates. What are your thoughts?
Orangeheart72
So am I reading this correctly that Rangel vs. Flores are close enough it's decided by class standing?
Robert Allen
Staff
The first question is we will have to see. Freeman is a major threat and playmaker. It would appear that he is good enough to make difference in big games. I would imagine that is a wait and see issue.

No, you don't decide this by class. You work to figure out who the best quarterback is. This season means way too much with so many veteran players and the goals they have as a team, attainable goals. Nothing will go without severe scrutiny.
CProc7
I never saw a mention of Aj Green at RB. Is he not playing? I may have missed something.
BA_POKE85
AJ Green injured his knee back in the spring and is out for the year.
Eddy Hackleman
Good stuff, game 1 will be here before we know it...
CProc7
I just must of completely missed that. Thank you
Robert Allen
Staff
Not knee. It was achilles.
Hawkn86
I always laugh when OL coaches (not just coach Dickey) talk about playing all of their 2-deep guys every game to keep fresh legs. Then we get to the season and see 6-7 guys at most getting significant snaps in competitive games because the coach wants to "keep the chemistry strong." I'm just happy it looks like we will have a good OL. Go Pokes!
CowboyKip
Robert Allen said:

Not knee. It was achilles.

I'm hoping he really recovers. Rehabbing the Achilles is tricky.
Robert Allen
Staff
No, it is very tough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.