Story Poster
Photo by Sarah Phipps USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football

Good Thing BYU Are the Cougars and for Mike Gundy Not the Cows

October 14, 2024

STILLWATER – The popular joke for any college football team in a bye week is they get to go unbeaten, but not Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy. Gundy skipped a personal appearance in front of the media for his weekly press conference and relegated it to an audio zoom. He cited this for the reason.

Sarah Phipps USA TODAY Sports
Gundy insinuated his eye was an ugly sight.

“Well, I had a little run in with my cattle over the weekend,” Gundy said.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Good Thing BYU Are the Cougars and for Mike Gundy Not the Cows

1,134 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by Joe Khatib
PistolD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As usual, in a situation where fans would like to hear honest answers to some tough questions none were asked nor any answers given and obviously the whole media exercise was designed to be the nothing burger they all are especially any that might be tough based on pitiful play needing explanation.

That has to be the easiest and best Power Four job paying millions in the country. No accountability to ANYBODY especially the fans paying for it all!

Just watch Friday until it gets your blood pressure too high and turn it off. If you're smart, a series for each team will likely be all it takes to turn the channel and opt for a game that has two teams executing like college teams should this deep in the season.
aggie1
You are something else. Why don't you keep your moronic comments to yourself and let an intelligent person post
GumbyFromPokeyLand
PistolD said:

As usual, in a situation where fans would like to hear honest answers to some tough questions none were asked nor any answers given and obviously the whole media exercise was designed to be the nothing burger they all are especially any that might be tough based on pitiful play needing explanation.

That has to be the easiest and best Power Four job paying millions in the country. No accountability to ANYBODY especially the fans paying for it all!

Just watch Friday until it gets your blood pressure too high and turn it off. If you're smart, a series for each team will likely be all it takes to turn the channel and opt for a game that has two teams executing like college teams should this deep in the season.

What, pray tell, would you want someone to ask that would elicit a response you would be satisfied with?
True wisdom is knowing what you don't know.
- Confucius
Joe Khatib
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

PistolD said:

What, pray tell, would you want someone to ask that would elicit a response you would be satisfied with?
I doubt he/she could tell you because it sounds like they have also probably been head butted by a cow!!!
CattlePete
CattlePete
Aggie1, if you don't like what PistolD posts... don't read it or ignore it. Put your big boy pants on. This is America...we have the freedom and right to post.

On a different note....I've been around livestock since I was a baby, and I have NEVER been given a black eye by ANY livestock...bull riding included.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
What's amazing to me is fans like that act as if they are personally offended the HC doesn't provide a list of players and coaches that have performed at a sub-standard level, the detailed specifics of their underperfomance, and their future position/placement with the team

And FWIW, I laugh out loud at the fans that suggest Gundy is more interested in his paycheck than delivering the best results possible which would make him different than 100% of the dozens and dozens highly compensated executives, worth way more than Gundy, I've met and known over the years.
True wisdom is knowing what you don't know.
- Confucius
Joe Khatib
I can't argue with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ignore function works quite well for me in certain instances!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.