Story Poster
Photo by Rob Gray-Imagn Images
Oklahoma State Football

The Bye Week Fix on Offense, Oklahoma State Needed a Running Quarterback

October 20, 2024

STILLWATER – Back with both feet on solid red dirt in the State of Oklahoma and the review of Friday night’s entertaining and energizing effort by Oklahoma State at No. 13 BYU that finished with a depressing result didn’t take a genius or a complete play-by-play grading or review. Sure, there were some new players to check out. I love freshman running back Rodney Fields and I felt he would be good.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

The Bye Week Fix on Offense, Oklahoma State Needed a Running Quarterback

671 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by rcfb
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's not going to be easy finding three wins in the next five games! Baylor looks like they took apart Tech this past weekend although I don't think Tech is very good on defense as some of their scores in their games have shown this year!!! I guess we will see!!!
RodeoPoke
Joe Khatib said:

It's not going to be easy finding three wins in the next five games! Baylor looks like they took apart Tech this past weekend although I don't think Tech is very good on defense as some of their scores in their games have shown this year!!! I guess we will see!!!
well nothing is easy in this league, but we should have 4 more wins.

Tech gives me the most concern, they have the better wins.

the rest of those teams wins (and losses) don't look all that much different than ours.

CU is still pretty much a fraud, IMO, however, Sanders can wing it. TCU not very good. ASU has a good record but not very impressive wins, and their baby faced coach is having open tryouts for kicking.

Baylor is pretty much a mess, despite their QB throwing 5 TD passes against TTech.

Eddy Hackleman
I was impressed with Rodney Fields. He looked really good. Also, Josh Ford had his best game run blocking to date. He is getting better every week.
Joe Khatib
Eddy Hackleman said:

I was impressed with Rodney Fields. He looked really good. Also, Josh Ford had his best game run blocking to date. He is getting better every week.
He had a couple of WHAM BLOCKS WHERE HE CAME ACROSS THE TACKLE AND NAILED THE DEFENDER!!!
Joe Khatib
RodeoPoke said:

Joe Khatib said:

well nothing is easy in this league, but we should have 4 more wins.

Tech gives me the most concern, they have the better wins.

the rest of those teams wins (and losses) don't look all that much different than ours.

CU is still pretty much a fraud, IMO, however, Sanders can wing it. TCU not very good. ASU has a good record but not very impressive wins, and their baby faced coach is having open tryouts for kicking.

Baylor is pretty much a mess, despite their QB throwing 5 TD passes against TTech.

Umm, they need to put 100% concentration and focus on Baylor this week!!! One at a time! This team can't count on anything right now, it will have to be earned on the field!!!
rcfb
Use Bowman for Baylor, if we win continue with him. Else start Smith for rest of the 4 games. Which will give him game time and while also keeping his redshirt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.