Story Poster
Photo by Chris Jones-Imagn Images
Oklahoma State Football

Watch: Mike Gundy Talks 38-28 Loss to Baylor

October 26, 2024

Oklahoma State has fallen to 0-5 in Big 12 play for the first time since 2014 following a 38-28 loss to Baylor on Saturday.

Cowboys’ head coach Mike Gundy met with the media following the game to discuss the loss. 

“We were not disciplined today as a group,” Gundy said in his opening statement. “We had 84 yards in penalties, which is not like us. We want to keep it in that 30ish area. They had 93, but either way, 84 yards in penalties is not good. 

“And then offensively, we had one turnover. Ollie fumbled on the 1-yard line, which obviously wasn't a good deal, but we rallied back from it because they had a pick, so we were really even. We had a one on the last play of the game. But the thing I want to see, yeah, we were average on third down, they were average on third down about the same. We were good on fourth downs, good on the two-point plays. Great play by Brennan. But really, what I told the team is, we didn't play very disciplined today. We bounced off of tackles. There were, gosh, I don't know, I'm going to guess, 200 yards of rushing when we didn't get in the gap, got our head in the wrong gap. And then there was, I'm going to guess, another 100 yards, another 70 yards bouncing off tackles and not tackling, so and I told them, you know, we got a few guys that are beat up, that aren't practicing very much, that are playing games, but that's not an excuse. We have to be better than that. And I shared with them that they need to do some soul searching. You know? They need to watch the video and look and give themselves an honest opinion of how they played and so we challenged them. I challenged them in doing that, and I told them that I don't know what time I'll get back tonight. I might go to work tonight. I don't know. If not, I'll be there in the morning. And if they want to come by and talk about it and if there's anything they want to say about it, about themselves or the team that I'm there, and that's how I feel about that. 

“We have a game next week, and unlike last week after the game, I felt different in this one. I felt like we missed opportunities. We had opportunities we didn't take advantage of. Now, obviously, I haven't watched the tape. That's just the naked eye. I'm usually pretty good at it, though. So we had missed opportunities in this game, in my opinion. And I also shared with them this, we don't get very many games in college football, which I tell you guys all the time. Baseball gets to play 40 games. Basketball plays 35 games. We don't get that many games. And so as a player, you have to cherish and take advantage of every opportunity and every game you get. And I don't think we did that in this game today, in my opinion.”

Discussion from...

Watch: Mike Gundy Talks 38-28 Loss to Baylor

985 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Zach Lancaster
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.