Story Poster
Photo by USA Today Sports Images

Offering Oklahoma and Texas More Was Discussed, but Not Agreed Upon

July 24, 2021

STILLWATER – In this constantly changing and reporting stepping all over reporting college conference realignment situation there are constant updates and new information. The reality is there really wasn’t much news today, and one of the latter reported developments was actually about 48 hours old. CBS Sports/ cbssports.com reported that the Big 12 Conference discussed a plan to try to keep Oklahoma and Texas in the fold by paying them a greater share of conference revenue.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Offering Oklahoma and Texas More Was Discussed, but Not Agreed Upon

2,819 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TUSKAPOKE
OctaviusRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope it was just stupid Baylor who proposed this. I wouldn't be able to stomach OU and Texas getting to boss the rest of the big 12 around more and take more money after this stunt.
NJAggie
I figure it was from that genius at ISU that sank expansion by trying to tie it to OU & UT having to sign GoR's beyond the length of the media contract. Anyone that could imagine adding schools and increasing conference revenue was just a ploy by Boren to get out of the conference would think this BS would work.
TUSKAPOKE
Time to move on and chart our course out of the dead B12. The Sewerners and Shorthorn steers deserve the mediocrity they will live in the SEC. Let's grab a couple of the Texas teams for recruiting reasons and go to a real football conference. The way to deal with the bullies is not to give in to them and stand up and exit too. Enough is enough and placating these two anymore is unacceptable. Anyone including any B12 school that proposed giving these prima donnas more $$$$ to stay can KOSUA. I salute them and wave goodbye with a # 1 hand gesture of my middle finger.
Tulsa Booster
Ultimately, this is about damage control for OSU. We love our school and are proud of all of our programs. But, this is purely business now. Giving the finger, out of frustration, may feel good but is certainly not the answer. Isn't it interesting that bitter rivals OU and Texas are joined at the hip right now? That doesn't mean they now love each other. It's business, folks. When the dust settles with new conference alignments, they will still hate each other. But all the emotions are left for later when everything finally plays out.

I've supported this university financially and emotionally for 50 years. No matter what happens going forward I will continue this support. But, right now it's not about Gooners and Shorthorns. Did they betray the conference? Hell, yes. But, after all is said and done, our concern should be where we wind up. I'll bet the majority of our fans won't worry about us leaving behind any of our fellow Big 12 partners if we find a good spot for us. I can assure you our fellow conference schools are looking out for themselves right now, just as they should be. It's business right now. We need to weigh our options and do what is right for OSU. If we form a coalition with other Big 12 schools to enhance our marketability, so be it. But if not, it's about OSU. If we want to be buddies with each other after the dust settles, then great. But right now we look out for ourselves.
CaliforniaCowboy
Tulsa Booster said:

Ultimately, this is about damage control for OSU. We love our school and are proud of all of our programs. But, this is purely business now. Giving the finger, out of frustration, may feel good but is certainly not the answer. Isn't it interesting that bitter rivals OU and Texas are joined at the hip right now? That doesn't mean they now love each other. It's business, folks. When the dust settles with new conference alignments, they will still hate each other. But all the emotions are left for later when everything finally plays out.

I've supported this university financially and emotionally for 50 years. No matter what happens going forward I will continue this support. But, right now it's not about Gooners and Shorthorns. Did they betray the conference? Hell, yes. But, after all is said and done, our concern should be where we wind up. I'll bet the majority of our fans won't worry about us leaving behind any of our fellow Big 12 partners if we find a good spot for us. I can assure you our fellow conference schools are looking out for themselves right now, just as they should be. It's business right now. We need to weigh our options and do what is right for OSU. If we form a coalition with other Big 12 schools to enhance our marketability, so be it. But if not, it's about OSU. If we want to be buddies with each other after the dust settles, then great. But right now we look out for ourselves.
LOL... can somebody translate that please?

I think he said OSU doesn't like what happened, and we need to find a good deal... but I'm certain.

TUSKAPOKE
Tulsa Booster said:

Read my other posts for the "answers" for OSU I believe are appropriate....we agree on a lot....but I give them a middle finger goodbye and do not need your advice. I have financially supported and been involved longer than you. Damage control for OSU? It is time for survival and that does not mean dragging along other B12 teams that do not enhance our future. We must maintain Texas recruiting grounds which means a connection there with probably TT and/or TCU. Baylor can sink.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.