Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Wrestling

Predictions for Every Cowboy in the 2022 Big 12 Wrestling Championships

March 4, 2022

STILLWATER – You don’t have to say it as if it might happen, it already has as books have been written about the legacy and the majesty of Oklahoma State wrestling. However, the book written on Cowboy grappling this season would be a drama mixed with incredible adversity. Some of that adversity created by happenstance, and some self-created.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Predictions for Every Cowboy in the 2022 Big 12 Wrestling Championships

1,584 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RowdyRawhide
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hmm... that projection doesn't sound very impressive, where does that leave OSU in the tournament standings?

Zach Lancaster
Staff
CaliforniaCowboy said:

hmm... that projection doesn't sound very impressive, where does that leave OSU in the tournament standings?

Was actually talking to Robert on the phone when I read your question. He feels the way he predicted that it gives the Pokes a decent chance to win, but it'll be close. Obviously, you have to keep an eye out for teams like Iowa State and Missouri.
CaliforniaCowboy
Thanks Zach.

I think we need to have a couple of our lower ranked guys perform really well if we want to have a full contingent at the NCAA tournament. This listing says only the top 4 at 149, 165, 184 will be invited..

I've gotten so use to OSU have a full team in the NCAA tournament, this pains me.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2022-02-24/ncaa-di-wrestling-committee-releases-qualifying-tournament-allocations-2022

ISU won the regular season, and Missouri has won conf champs consecutively since the left the B12 in 2013

Since 2010, Oklahoma State has won every conference tournament title, except for 2013, when Missouri edged out the Cowboys. In 2021, OSU shared the crown with in-state rival OU.
RowdyRawhide
Looking for Wyatt Sheets to pull an upset and win the 157 pound title. Go cowboys!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.