Story Poster
Photo by Rob Ferguson-USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Basketball

Report: Oklahoma State Reaches Out to Texas Transfer Courtney Ramey

April 7, 2022

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State is still on the hunt to add quality players to the roster before the start of the new season.

According to a report from CBS Sports analyst Jon Rothstein, Mike Boynton and Co. have reached out to Texas transfer, Courtney Ramey.

The Pokes will have their work cut out for them though as there are several programs who are trying to lure Ramey away from the NBA Draft process.

Ramey, who entered declared for the NBA Draft and entered the transfer portal a week ago, was highly sought after by Boynton and Co. out of Webster Groves HS before he committed to the Longhorns. Things certainly worked out nicely for the Pokes as they committed and signed Isaac Likekele less than a month later.

Ramey has been one of the better defenders in the Big 12 since he arrived in Austin. In his four seasons in burnt orange, Ramey averaged 10 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists a game while shooting 37% from 3-point range. So, being able to add a staunch defender and capable outside shooter would check two boxes for Boynton and Co.

As it stands right now, there are currently 11 scholarship players following the departure of Bryce Williams to graduation and Keylan Boone and Donovan Williams to the transfer portal. That number includes the addition of incoming freshman Quion Williams, and would go up to 12 should Isaac Likekele decide to return for an additional season.

Discussion from...

Report: Oklahoma State Reaches Out to Texas Transfer Courtney Ramey

1,414 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
MycatToby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know that somehow Ramey and Boynton are close… but Ramey's skill set would be so redundant on our roster. Hopefully our interest was more just curious and the staff is investing their time elsewhere
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okay, I'll bite...

who on our roster shoots 37% from the 3pt line? We've got nobody like this, that I can find.

https://okstate.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.