Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Sione Asi Named to Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Award Watch List

August 18, 2022

STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State defensive tackle Sione Asi is one of 85 FBS players included on the watch list for the 2022 Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Award, announced Thursday by the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame.

Asi, who has been a two-year contributor on the Cowboy defense, is one of just three Big 12 players on the watch list for the honor, which is presented annually to the most outstanding college football player of Polynesian ancestry that epitomizes great ability and integrity.

After transferring from Snow College and taking a redshirt year at OSU, Asi has played in all 25 games over the last two seasons. He made his first four career FBS starts in the first four games of the 2021 season and recorded at least one tackle in seven games. Asi returns to the Cowboys in 2022 as one of nine OSU super seniors on the roster.

Five semifinalists for the award will be unveiled on December 1 and the winner will be announced on December 15. The presentation of the award will be held during the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week Celebration Dinner on January 21, 2023.

Oklahoma State is scheduled to open the 2022 season September 1 when it faces Central Michigan at Boone Pickens Stadium, with kickoff set for 6 p.m. CT on FS1.

Discussion from...

Sione Asi Named to Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Award Watch List

1,171 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by pokeacola
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oh my... where will it end?

I guess I need to start up a White Privilege Kid player of the year award.

this is just flat out silly...

pokeacola
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Award for the outstanding white, hetero, Christian, politically conservative, southern football player - award..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.