Story Poster
Photo by Twitter: @brandonGarriso
Oklahoma State Basketball

Oklahoma State Commit Brandon Garrison Sees Bump in ESPN Top-100 Rankings

August 29, 2022

Oklahoma State 2023 commit Brandon Garrison has had a really solid summer, which is being capped with a jump up in the recruiting rankings.

ESPN released its updated 2023 rankings on Monday morning and Garrison checks in at No. 37.

The Del City (OK) HS center also saw a jump up in the 247Sports composite rankings, which takes into consideration all the various rankings. He now checks in at No. 45 in the composite, a movement of 10 spots from when he committed back in early July.

He’s also now the No. 6 overall center in the class, even though he projects more as a power forward as he checks in at 6-9, 205-pounds. However, it’s possible he grows a couple of inches between now and the time he arrives on campus next year.

Either way, Garrison is poised for a really solid senior season.

Garrison is the first of two commitments for Mike Boynton and Co. in the 2023 class. He was joined in mid-August by 6-1, 190-pound Ellison HS combo guard, Jamyron Keller. Keller checks in as the No. 141 overall prospect in the class, according to 247Sports.

That’s a bump up from No. 159 overall when he committed to Boynton and Co. a few weeks ago.

Oklahoma State currently checks in at No. 17 in the 247Sports 2023 team recruiting rankings.

Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Commit Brandon Garrison Sees Bump in ESPN Top-100 Rankings

3,620 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that's great news...

I am curious why you refer to the HC as Boynton and Co.

Zach Lancaster
Staff
CaliforniaCowboy said:

that's great news...

Just something I use to reference the coaching staff as the assistants are very active in recruiting these guys as well.
CaliforniaCowboy
Zach Lancaster said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

that's great news...

Just something I use to reference the coaching staff as the assistants are very active in recruiting these guys as well.
yeah, I sort of gathered that, but nobody else gets a company? Gundy and Co. Holiday and Co., etc...

Zach Lancaster
Staff
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Zach Lancaster said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

that's great news...

yeah, I sort of gathered that, but nobody else gets a company? Gundy and Co. Holiday and Co., etc...

I've used Gundy and Co. a bit, but not nearly as much because the recruiting structure is pretty different.
Orangeheart72
Seems we're getting to a level where OSU's basketball talent overall is as high as its been across the board since perhaps the Hamilton coaching days. I hope this corresponds to a decent March Madness outcome. I like having Boynton as HC but the troops will soon be making his job (especially recruiting) tougher if we don't get into the top 25-30 or so pretty consistently.
Zen
NIL will be Boynton's greatest obstacle to having a top 25 team going forward. The world of college basketball has changed, just as the rest of the world is suddenly changing.
CaliforniaCowboy
Zen said:

NIL will be Boynton's greatest obstacle to having a top 25 team going forward. The world of college basketball has changed, just as the rest of the world is suddenly changing.
the whole dang team is transfers, so they can't go anywhere regardless of NIL.

If we don't have enough right now for a top 25 ranking, then we're just not going to get there, regardless of NIL.

NIL should not be a problem for a good BB coach in a great program like OSU. Our whole softball team just got a deal, for heaven's sake.

no more excuses for Boynton. The world is changing, so what, the world is always changing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.