Story Poster
Photo by Pat Kinnison - Chief Photographer
Oklahoma State Football

Over/Under: Five Thoughts on OSU's Bedlam Game Against OU

November 18, 2022

STILLWATER – We’ve started a new game-week series here at Pokes Report called Over/Under. It’ll be five topics with an over/under associated to them. You’ll then drop your predictions in the comments below on how you think they’ll turn out.

Oklahoma State found its way back into the win coulmn this past week as the Pokes beat Iowa State, 20-14. Mike Gundy and Co. are looking to keep the winning going as they travel down to Norman for a showdown with 5-5 Oklahoma. The Sooners are coming off a disappointing 23-20 loss to West Virginia this past Saturday, the Sooners’ first loss in Morgantown.

Be sure and drop you Over/Under predictions below in the comment section.

The first Over/Under will be OSU total yardage: Over/Under 300 yards

I’m kind of cheating just a bit using an Over/Under from the KU game, but the Cowboys combined for just 244 total yards last week against Iowa State, 187 through the air and 57 on the ground. Spencer Sanders came into the game in the fourth quarter and post 90 yards and one touchdown and he announced after the game he’ll be playing in Bedlam. So, can the Cowboys hit the 300-yard mark?

OSU offensive turnovers: Over/Under two

The Cowboys had some trouble hanging onto the ball against the Cyclones as Gunnar Gundy threw two interceptions. While the Sooners don’t have as good a defense as Iowa State, Norman’s a tough place to play. Can the Cowboys hold onto the ball on Saturday?

OSU defensive turnovers: Over/Under two

I’m gonna cheat again and use the very same one, except on the other side of the ball. The Cowboys forced a season-high five turnovers on Saturday against the Cyclones, three picks and two forced fumbles. The Sooners have taken decent care of the ball this season as they’ve turned it over just 11 times, six interceptions and five fumbles. Can the Cowboys wreak a little havoc down in Norman and force at least two turnovers?

OSU defensive run game: Over/Under 175 yards

The Sooners are one of the best run games in the FBS as they average 221.4 rushing yards per game, good for 13th in the country. The Cowboys have struggled stopping the run the past few games but are holding teams to 163.1 yards per game on the ground. Can the Pokes slow the Sooners down a bit?

Tanner Brown: Over/Under two field goals

Tanner Brown has been very good for the Pokes this season, having made 17-of-18 field goals in nine games. He’s been a main factor in the Cowboys winning a few games this season, so can he keep it up and make at least two FGs on Saturday?

Discussion from...

Over/Under: Five Thoughts on OSU's Bedlam Game Against OU

2,752 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pokes4158
Crazed_Stallion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Under
Over
Over
Over
Over

Such a bad matchup overall for the Cowboys. Hopefully they can keep it working 2.5 scores. Gonna be a rough night making Sooner bowl eligible like they did Kansas.
pokeacola
Over
Under
Under
Over
Over

Beat ou
NJAggie
Over
Under
Over
Under
Under

Pokes Beat OU!!!!!
CanadianCowboy
Over
Push
Push
Under
Over
CaliforniaCowboy
I don't know what to think of this game..

The goon defense is just horrible, and ours seems to play in spurts

this could be a "last one with the ball" type of game

but.. at least we have the better FG kicker, better fans and better colors
Pokes4158
Lots of faith you have there in our team. Better fg kicker that's it? Come on man. We got the best qb in the conference with a bevy of elite receivers and one of the best o lines out there. Give credit where credit is due. Like for real? Just a better fg kicker my goodness.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Lots of faith you have there in our team. Better fg kicker that's it? Come on man. We got the best qb in the conference with a bevy of elite receivers and one of the best o lines out there. Give credit where credit is due. Like for real? Just a better fg kicker my goodness.
okay, okay, okay, we have a better OLine too.

that's it.

you're trolling me... that was supposed to be a shoutout for our fans, a kudos to OSU, not an opportunity for you to bash me.

Get with the program.
Pokes4158
I'm not trolling I'm just responding to wild uninformed posts. It's an open forum and I'll always defend my team from posts like this. You act like our whole team is trash and we only have a good kicker
Crazed_Stallion
That's exactly it, tanner is the best thing we have coming into this game. Just hope they keep it within 2 score by halftime.
Crazed_Stallion
Better Oline than OU? I thought you made excellent points until then. We could t run the ball if you gave the Oline a head start. They are terrible.
Crazed_Stallion
Against OU he is right. They are better at every position. Except maybe QB. Sander and Gabriel are about as close as you can get Sanders is playing with one arm. He will be good for 1 qtr and then fade like has been doing.
Pokes4158
Yeah I'm joshing with cali haha he always gets after me when I say we have a bad o line and he goes back and forth on his opinions. We definitely have a worse line and run game especially. I think sanders is way better than Gabriel if he was healthy but we will see. I haven't felt confident in many areas on our team in awhile. But cali defends all points as tho we have no weaknesses and only counts wins so for him to say only our kicker is better was very surprising to me and contradicting to what he normals says
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Better Oline than OU? I thought you made excellent points until then. We could t run the ball if you gave the Oline a head start. They are terrible.
come on man... I was just repeating what Red posted... he said it, so I repeated it just to placate him.

try to follow along (or just butt out)
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Yeah I'm joshing with cali haha he always gets after me when I say we have a bad o line and he goes back and forth on his opinions. We definitely have a worse line and run game especially. I think sanders is way better than Gabriel if he was healthy but we will see. I haven't felt confident in many areas on our team in awhile. But cali defends all points as tho we have no weaknesses and only counts wins so for him to say only our kicker is better was very surprising to me and contradicting to what he normals says
I do none of that... you sir are a flat out liar.

Pokes4158
See. Always flip flops his opinions. Some things never change
Pokes4158
Now with the name calling. Again it's not about me just stick to the subject.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Now with the name calling. Again it's not about me just stick to the subject.
when you start name calling, then the gloves come off.... deal with it.

if you're going to be jerkish, I'm going to make sure that it is displayed for the world to see.

just learn to be a nice person
Pokes4158
Do unto others cal
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.