Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State Athletics
Oklahoma State Football

Bedlam Key Match-Ups and Predictions

November 18, 2022

STILLWATER – The bottom line here for Oklahoma State is that quarterback Spencer Sanders is playing. The Cowboys, Kansas State game being the lone exception, are better all the way around and on each side of the ball when Sanders is involved.

© BRYAN TERRY/THE OKLAHOMAN / USA TODAY NETWORK
Sanders helped kick Texas in Stillwater.

This team has a lot of confidence in there veteran quarterback.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Bedlam Key Match-Ups and Predictions

4,531 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
Jally
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's go kick their ass!!!
Crazed_Stallion
Just hope we don't get totally embarrassed.
Orangeheart72
Crazed_Stallion said:

Just hope we don't get totally embarrassed.

No reason to think we can't push OU hard once again. OL is more healthy, Bray is back, Sanders close to healthy, Anderson healthy and hope frosh Johnson back healthy. Key to me....stop Gray and you win. Oliver needs to play a lot and be up QB's butt often. Tackle Mims and keep safety over top of him. Bring extra bodies on rush and we'll get some 50/50 picks.
Crazed_Stallion
Thing is if you stop Grey they eat you alive in the pass game. Their Oline is ok, Their LT is going to be a day 1 pick. I don't see anyone have success against that side. Gray against this pour Dline and run defense is going to be hard to stop. Nobody has stopped him all year, hard to believe the worst run defense in the conference is going to find any success.
Pokes4158
We have the worst run defense in the conference?
Crazed_Stallion
Yes.

We play great against ISU last week. Everyone does though. OU looked like superstars in their win against them.
Pokes4158
Is that your opinion or like statistically we are the worst run defense?
Crazed_Stallion
Wow! I stand corrected on defense we rank 89 OU is 119. That's unbelievable lol.

Now, on offense OU is the best/better we have played since KSU and KU, OU has been getting better the last 3 weeks. We all remember those games in Kansas.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Who did the gameday crew pick?
Pokes4158
Yeah we have seemed to trend backwards and ou has seemed to play better not great still but better. Either way 89th run defense doesn't set up well because ou has a very solid run game. Fingers crossed haha if we play like we have the last few weeks it's a wrap
Crazed_Stallion
3-2 OSU
GumbyFromPokeyLand
First, using national rankings of the offense or defense as a measure of who has the advantage is just goofy. Different opponents, schemes, circumstances, etc., etc. Even using B12 only stats isn't a very good measure. We only share 6 common opponents - BU, TCU, KSU, KU, ISU and UT. And even at that, I'm not going to count OUs offense against TCU and UT when Gabriel was out. And I'm not going to count OSUs offense against KSU, KU and ISU when Sanders was either out or playing with significant injury. So what that leaves us with is comparing OSUs and OUs offenses against BU, and OSUs and OUs defenses against the 5 common opponents. Now if someone wants to make those comparisons and give us an analysis and prediction - Go for it.
Crazed_Stallion
Can't take KSU out, he played. That's just my opinion. You have too go with that game.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

Can't take KSU out, he played. That's just my opinion. You have too go with that game.

He was clearly hurt, but if you think it's fair, go for it. But while you're at it, exclude KSU on the defensive side. They are a different team with Howard at QB.
Crazed_Stallion
Lol, can't cherry pick it. KSU, KU whooped our rear ends.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

Lol, can't cherry pick it. KSU, KU whooped our rear ends.

On defensive side, sure, compare both defenses against KU. On the offensive side, I say it's not a good comparison for either because Sanders was hurt v KSU, and didn't play v KU. UT whupped OU and I'm throwing that offensive performance out.

But hey, if you want to lie to yourself, go ahead.

Oh, and if you're using total yards gained or given, that's completely bogus too because of the different paces of the offenses.
Crazed_Stallion
TU whooped OU because they had zero QB in that game.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

Hey, you're catching on.
Crazed_Stallion
At least put backups have somewhat of a pulse.
Joe Khatib
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Hey, you're catching on.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, you are dealing with a mental midget Gumby!!!
Crazed_Stallion
Sooners by 20. Mark it. This is a horrible matchup for OSU. We can't stop the run at ALL! Gray is going to run for over 200+yards and the DBs are gonna get lost in the sauce that OU O does. Doesn't go well at all.

Our offense against the OU D is going to be so hard to watch. We might have success early, Gundy will choke as he always does with the game plans tonight.
Joe Khatib
Joe Khatib said:

GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Hey, you're catching on.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, you are dealing with a mental midget Gumby!!!
MR. ED IS ON IGNORE, WILBUR NEEDS TO CLEAN OUT THE STALL, THE FLIES ATE GETTING THICK!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!
Ostateman
Dude,
You are one of the most negative posters out there.
You must be a gooner in drag.

I hope you choke on your prediction of doom and gloom.
I know there are rules, but do we really want to follow them now?
Crazed_Stallion
Lol, they shouldn't t have even showed up. Absolutely embarrassing. Fire Everyone. Pathetic
Crazed_Stallion
Watch the game. Playing out exactly like I said. Not even gonna be a game.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

Watch the game. Playing out exactly like I said. Not even gonna be a game.

How pathetic is it for a supposed Cowboy fan beating his chest as we're getting beat. You're such a loser.
Pokes4158
Hey credit where credit is due. So far this take is
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Sooners by 20. Mark it. This is a horrible matchup for OSU. We can't stop the run at ALL! Gray is going to run for over 200+yards and the DBs are gonna get lost in the sauce that OU O does. Doesn't go well at all.

Our offense against the OU D is going to be so hard to watch. We might have success early, Gundy will choke as he always does with the game plans tonight.
oops... or, you could be wrong on every prediction... as you always are.

come on man, you struck out twice in one at bat....
Crazed_Stallion
Well, if the OU OC didn't just shut it down knowing the incompetence of the OSU staff will win them the game. Look what happened in just 1qtr of true play.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Well, if the OU OC didn't just shut it down knowing the incompetence of the OSU staff will win them the game. Look what happened in just 1qtr of true play.
that statement doesn't even make any sense. You're delusional if you believe that their OC shut anything down.

you're just making mean statements about OSU, it's so not necessary
Crazed_Stallion
This coaching staff has shown again and again it's incompetence. They get giant checks and everyone is happy for 7 wins. This program is better than that. Nobody cares though become 0-10 or whatever crap you olds went through. Truth is they are Waaaaaay past that. Enough is enough, accountability has to happen. It won't, because it's Oklahoma State.
CaliforniaCowboy
Dude... Chill already.

20 year old kids made some bad plays.... it happens. Chill already
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.