Story Poster
Photo by Pat Kinnison - Chief Photographer
Oklahoma State Football

Watch: Mike Gundy Addresses 28-13 Bedlam Loss to OU

November 19, 2022

Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy met with the media following Bedlam to discuss the Cowboys’ 28-13 loss to OU down in Norman.

The Sooners jumped out to a very quick 28-0 lead in the first quarter of play, amassing 299 yards of total offense in the process before the Pokes turned things around.

However, the 28-point first quarter and four turnovers were just too much to overcome.

With the loss, the Cowboys move to 7-4 on the season and 4-4 in Big 12 play. Up next for the Pokes is a home game against West Virginia in the final game of the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 26. Kickoff is scheduled for 11 a.m. CT on ESPN2.

Discussion from...

Watch: Mike Gundy Addresses 28-13 Bedlam Loss to OU

9,463 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Crazed_Stallion
Pokes4158
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again. Hard to throw the ball when pressure is in your face. He says that after almost every single game. Dude straight up asked him if it was the line not protecting and he dodged the question. I understand defending your guys but my god man just admit it our line sucks! Dickey was a bad hire and it's like Mike wants to take it to the grave. Please lord someone somewhere find us a line coach that can actually do his job.
backphil
It is up to the head coach to ensure he and his position coaches recruit enough quality o-linemen to compete for championships, assuming winning championships is your goal.
Class 1980
CaliforniaCowboy
backphil said:

It is up to the head coach to ensure he and his position coaches recruit enough quality o-linemen to compete for championships, assuming winning championships is your goal.
so true, but what do you do when guys slated to start jump in the portal, and you're forced to take some kids from the portal that aren't quite ready, just to get the numbers back up, and then the guys you have keep going down with inury?

the one thing that you don't do is sit around constantly complaining about it, as some do.
Crazed_Stallion
That's on the Oline coach. They left because of him. Gundy knows this and lets it slide die to "cowboy culture" it's pathetic and the fan base deserves better than a 7win season. Next year is going to be a 2014 type year. We don't recruit well enough to sustain success outside of a couple of years every 6-10 years. Enough is enough!
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

That's on the Oline coach. They left because of him. Gundy knows this and lets it slide die to "cowboy culture" it's pathetic and the fan base deserves better than a 7win season. Next year is going to be a 2014 type year. We don't recruit well enough to sustain success outside of a couple of years every 6-10 years. Enough is enough!
Prove it. You can't.

They left because they were having trouble making the cut. Guys were being brought in that they couldn't beat out. We even have a former walkon that many on here complain about, that they couldn't beat out.

Unless you have some actual facts, which you don't, then you're doing more harm to our program than you are good. No Line recruits are going to want to come to OSU when they read the vile stuff you write about our coaches and players.
Pokes4158
That's the part I am starting to wonder about. Are we committed to winning championships or are we just trying to keep having a good year each year and make a bowl game.
Pokes4158
It's our fault now we can't recruit hahaha that's classic cali garbage. It's not on the high paid coaches it's on the fans for giving opinions that aren't suitable for the recruits!
Pokes4158
When you get paid the big bucks you find answers. Lots of schools in front of us that do it with less.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

It's our fault now we can't recruit hahaha that's classic cali garbage. It's not on the high paid coaches it's on the fans for giving opinions that aren't suitable for the recruits!
I didn't' say that sooner red.. I'm not complaining about our recruiting.

I said FUTURE kids won't want to put up with loud mouth internet boobs bashing them on an hourly basis.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

When you get paid the big bucks you find answers. Lots of schools in front of us that do it with less.
We have the answers, they're just not going to get healed without time passing.

when you get paid "little bucks" you sit around complaining about how you could do it so much better than the guy that actually makes a career out of doing it... LOL... freaking my gawd
Pokes4158
Yeah cuz recruits pay for pokes report and care about what we say lol my guess is they won't come because the product on the field isn't very encouraging if at all.
Pokes4158
Never heard me say I could do it better. Now you are at the point you are making stuff up. Losing battle here cali you are cracking under pressure
LetsTalkPokes
Now let's be honest need a new OL coach and a OC coach... I been to all the home games and the ou game last night and I'm disappointed in Dunn play calling and preparation... Dunn started the game off with 7 straight passes what film was he watching from ou previous games to think that was going to work....? Sanders should have never had 67 passing attempts last with 17 rushes.... Especially knowing OU couldn't stop the run all year... Our actual running backs combined only had 14 carries that is outrageous!! All I ever hear is we are fighting injuries everyone is CFB is fight injuries at this point so that no excuse.... Coaching this yr has cost us alot of game rather it being unprepared, not making adjustments... It's like the k state they change up practice because of injury and it showed...

As for players not coming here because of fans talking is a bunch of bs... because regardless they aren't going to come if your not winning....
Crazed_Stallion
You have a starter at TT that is tearing it up. Bennett is going to be an all conference player.

The players we have would not start at any other program in the big XII outside of Wilson, and Birmingham.
Pokes4158
I agree. It's the product in the field that matters and for us even that doesn't always help. Example being last year and we have a logo too and we want to be a blueblood and 12-2 etc etc but it still didn't help with recruiting. Some guys got it and some don't and Gundy unfortunately doesn't have the recruiting chops. I fully think line talent and getting a coach that can relate to the players definitely also someone with some grit because our line doesn't have a mean identity. I'll hold on oc for now considering it's very hard to run an offense with a line that can't block at all. Dunn would never have passed it so much it's just necessary because we are so inept at blocking and running the ball. Get a real line and I believe the offense could look much better. But I will say the offense is getting old. It kinda seems like we are falling behind from an innovative standpoint. We got a ton of playmakers and none of them see the ball
Pokes4158
We are wasting brennan preslys years with us like we did tyreek hill. I hope we don't do the same with the young guys we were Al once so excited about
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

You have a starter at TT that is tearing it up. Bennett is going to be an all conference player.

The players we have would not start at any other program in the big XII outside of Wilson, and Birmingham.
actually, Brooks has started for another P5 program. It's likely that Woodward could easily start for other programs in the B12, but unfortunately he's injured too.

and we have a boat load of freshmen and RS freshman OLine players and a few Sophs.

Our OLine is in pretty good shape going forward.

but same as this year, our QB and RB positions are in need of major improvement, since we have no depth with any experience.
Crazed_Stallion
Stop lying to yourself. Our offensive line has gotten so much worse since Dickey has gotten here. Just know that as long as he is here expect us to be near the bottom in Oline play. The recruits he has are not P5 quality. Remember that "all amercian" tackle EVERYONE wanted last season out of JUCO? That dude couldn't even see the field. Eteine doesn't even deserve to be on a football field. He is too stiff and would start for anyone in our conference.

Next season without Sanders this team will win 5 games. Sanders is the only reason we have a decent offense this season. See Kansas game and ISU game where the QBs pee down their legs.

RBs are all great players. OG has potential to be the best RB in school history. Behind an inept OL they can't do anything.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Stop lying to yourself. Our offensive line has gotten so much worse since Dickey has gotten here. Just know that as long as he is here expect us to be near the bottom in Oline play. The recruits he has are not P5 quality. Remember that "all amercian" tackle EVERYONE wanted last season out of JUCO? That dude couldn't even see the field. Eteine doesn't even deserve to be on a football field. He is too stiff and would start for anyone in our conference.

Next season without Sanders this team will win 5 games. Sanders is the only reason we have a decent offense this season. See Kansas game and ISU game where the QBs pee down their legs.

RBs are all great players. OG has potential to be the best RB in school history. Behind an inept OL they can't do anything.
look who's lying.... OMG

you can claim anything that you want, but it does not make it true.

The OLine got BETTER under Dickey (than under the last 3 guys). Hansen's kids got passed right over by JUCO kids and transfers. Dickey's kids are still mostly underclassmen. Those are actual facts.

I think you're talking about Weber (all american JUCO), and he needs some weight... he should be good once we get him into the lineup. Enteine would not be on the field if Birmingham were healthy, but he improved greatly this year and will be solid relief if we need him. Clearly Monroe Mills and Birmingham and probably Brooks were expected to play Tackle this year. We needed Brooks at Guard when Woodward went down.

The OLine will be just fine. A team always needs a solid QB to have a decent offense... to revelation there

The RBs did not show much. They were better when Richardson was in, and they were horrible when he was out. I wish we would have had Jackson available all year.

Ollie is showing some promise, but we've had freshman RBs in the past that came in and competed for real PT, not spot duty. I like Gordon, I think he'll continue to improve. We also have Brown who redshirted, who hopefully can add some jazz to that position. Our best guy (Dom) was 4th string last year.

and, apparently you sooners do not know who the best running back in school history is, or even the 2nd and 3rd best for that matter. hitch up to that sooner schooner and drag your butt back to Norman
Crazed_Stallion
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

look who's lying.... OMG

you can claim anything that you want, but it does not make it true.

The OLine got BETTER under Dickey (than under the last 3 guys). Hansen's kids got passed right over by JUCO kids and transfers. Dickey's kids are still mostly underclassmen. Those are actual facts.

I think you're talking about Weber (all american JUCO), and he needs some weight... he should be good once we get him into the lineup. Enteine would not be on the field if Birmingham were healthy, but he improved greatly this year and will be solid relief if we need him. Clearly Monroe Mills and Birmingham and probably Brooks were expected to play Tackle this year. We needed Brooks at Guard when Woodward went down.

The OLine will be just fine. A team always needs a solid QB to have a decent offense... to revelation there

The RBs did not show much. They were better when Richardson was in, and they were horrible when he was out. I wish we would have had Jackson available all year.

Ollie is showing some promise, but we've had freshman RBs in the past that came in and competed for real PT, not spot duty. I like Gordon, I think he'll continue to improve. We also have Brown who redshirted, who hopefully can add some jazz to that position. Our best guy (Dom) was 4th string last year.

and, apparently you sooners do not know who the best running back in school history is, or even the 2nd and 3rd best for that matter. hitch up to that sooner schooner and drag your butt back to Norman

Can't run behind an absolute pathetic offensive line. I can't believe you think the Oline has gotten better. Under Henson we were headed in the right direction, then the wheels started falling off. If Gundy keeps the old man you will see. Just look at the rankings. They are having to take walk ons left and right because the roster is in such a terrible shape. It's gonna be a 3-5 year window before it's competent again. Gundy doesn't like the portal and he will watch everyone kn the new Big XII pass him by. Stuck in your ways will get you beat. See punting down 15 in the 4th on Saturday. What a joke of a coaching job. He is so scared and now he is secreted because he won 12 games last season. Get ready for 3-4 more years of 6-8 wins.
Crazed_Stallion

For you Cali.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.