Story Poster
Photo by Pat Kinnison - Chief Photographer
Oklahoma State Football

UPDATED: Gundy Meeting with Staff and Players as Pokes Recruit

November 28, 2022

STILLWATER – It started early Monday morning (Nov. 28) as I started to get Twitter images text to me predicting, even insisting that the next few days would be eventful or volatile even for Oklahoma State football. As usual, they came from people I hadn’t heard of. I noticed one followed me, but I don’t follow him. I call it postseason clickbait.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

UPDATED: Gundy Meeting with Staff and Players as Pokes Recruit

7,179 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pokes4158
gary121853
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I would agree that NIL opportunities will play heavily in Transfer decision-making. I am not advocating wholesale change to transfer portal .... simply suggesting that the Portal offers strong opportunity to make turnarounds/build depth a quicker process than before. To ignore that fact would not be a healthy choice.
OSUgary
Crazed_Stallion
I'm not saying go all in. However, upgrades to the OL and DT position are needed. Probably need a QB for an inexperienced room now that we have had 2 transfers out.
The OL is the biggest need what we have obviously isn't working injuries or not, it's been 10 years.
gary121853
Crazed_Stallion said:

I'm not saying go all in. However, upgrades to the OL and DT position are needed. Probably need a QB for an inexperienced room now that we have had 2 transfers out.
The OL is the biggest need what we have obviously isn't working injuries or not, it's been 10 years.
i'm so desperate for talent improvement(s) i would be estatic for a Transfer Portal addition for Waterboy ...
OSUgary
GumbyFromPokeyLand
gary121853 said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

i'm so desperate for talent improvement(s) i would be estatic for a Transfer Portal addition for Waterboy ...

Can we go to the portal for new fans? ;-)
Joe Khatib
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

gary121853 said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

13 players were brought in by TCU
Newton Starting CB
Oyetade Starting Guard
Fox Starting DT
Mitchell Rotating DL
Coleman Starting Edge
Rochester Starting OT
Bailey RB
Ali Starting Center
Wiley Starting TE

They did have a lot of players left over from the old coaching staff. They also brought in enough starters and got the other guys leftover to play better. If we dont take any starters on the OL going into 23 there wont be any difference just another 7win (MAYBE) more like 6-6 with no quality QB on the roster.
Ditto! The KU turnaround was also orchestrated with Transfers as well as other Programs! I doubt seriously that the point you make is all BUT, lost on members of the BoT as well ...

It's always easier for new coaching staffs to take experienced players out of the portal to compete with and/or replace players you didn't recruit. If you're suggesting Gundy go all-in on the portal, it won't come without potential negative consequences. Further, going forward, NIL will play a much larger role with transfers. Not sure OSU can compete at the top levels of that game.
He is so damn STUPID, he doesn't realize the three key players that have lead to the success TCU had were recruited by Gary Patterson and have been on campus for two or three years already! I present to you, Max Dugan, QB, who was injured and out most of last year, Kendra Miller, running back, again who missed half of last season with injuries and finally top ten draft choice, Quentin Johnson, who again had injury issues last year and missed several games! Isn't it amazing when you have a few difference makers and they stay healthy ALL SEASON! Come on Mr. Ed I know you will never be a MENSA candidate but be smarter than that!
Joe Khatib
CaliforniaCowboy said:

CowboyRed said:

Oh now you want me to leave you alone? Comes full circle now doesn't it?
I have always wanted you to leave me alone. do it.

did too, did not, did too, did not

for goodness sakes man
Wow, Cali you intimidated Cowboy "Red" so much he changed his handle!!! Who is Pokes 4158?
Pokes4158
I changed it no intimidation tho big man. I'd smack the stupid out of both of you. I see y'all for what you are tho. Tough keyboard warriors
Crazed_Stallion
Gotta have offensive line there Hoss. Most of their starters are from the portal. Like I said there was talent there the portal took them over the top as well as a fresh eye on the program.
Joe Khatib
Joe Khatib said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

CowboyRed said:

for goodness sakes man
Wow, Cali you intimidated Cowboy "Red" so much he changed his handle!!! Who is Pokes 4158?
Wow, old Red is THREATENING ME, saying he will slap people silly. Go ahead and try numb nuts but you might not like staring down what ends up being pointed in your face!!! I am a big proponent of conceal carry and even had the chance to testify before the Oklahoma State Senate on the matter! Will definitely turn this one over to Robert and Zach to handle!!!!
Joe Khatib
Joe Khatib said:

Joe Khatib said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

CowboyRed said:

for goodness sakes man
Wow, old Red is THREATENING ME, saying he will slap people silly. Go ahead and try numb nuts but you might not like staring down what ends up being pointed in your face!!! I am a big proponent of conceal carry and even had the chance to testify before the Oklahoma State Senate on the matter! Will definitely turn this one over to Robert and Zach to handle!!!!
Is old Mr Ed going to THREATEN ME TOO!!!
Crazed_Stallion

I don't threaten.
CaliforniaCowboy
Pokes4158 said:

I changed it no intimidation tho big man. I'd smack the stupid out of both of you. I see y'all for what you are tho. Tough keyboard warriors
brilliant threaten physical violence on others....... mods really?

Pokes4158
Good. You sound like i thought. Someone says slap you and you say kill you. Keyboard warrior.
Pokes4158
You and sleepy joe stop harassing people and maybe you wouldn't get told things like that. Y'all two are lucky for real it's a forum. Karma will come for y'all believe me. Talking not stop **** behind the phone. I guarantee you don't act like this in public with your old drunk ass.
Pokes4158
And I didn't say slap people I said slap you. You joe and cali. Everybody else here is civil. They don't deserve it like yall instigators.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.