Story Poster
Photo by © Samantha Laurey / Argus Leader / USA TODAY
Oklahoma State Football

The “Moment Won’t Be Too Big” for Jimmy Rogers and South Dakota State

August 27, 2024

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State is set to face an opponent they haven’t faced yet this coming Saturday in the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. But we’ve heard/talked about the Cowboys and Jackrabbits all summer and into fall camp. We know they’re the winners of 29-straight games and two-straight FCS national championships.

They’re a very good team.

But one thing we’ve learned just in the past few days is the Jackrabbits, from the players to the coaching staff, are all incredibly confident and expect to leave Stillwater with a win.

So, instead of reading a few more words on someone outside of South Dakota write about SDSU, let’s read what Jimmy Rogers has to say, the head coach of the Jackrabbits.

Robert Allen spoke with Rogers via TV-31 on the Triple Play Sports Radio Network on Tuesday afternoon.

“We’re not necessarily concerned about anything,” SDSU head coach Jimmy Rogers told Robert Allen. “We’ve got to come out and give it our best, play 60 minutes and execute a game plan. We’ve played in large venues before, we’ve got a lot of new faces this year and I’m excited for them more than anything else. We played Iowa two years ago, I’ve been in this program so long we played TCU, we played Mizzou before they went on to win the SEC championship. Our guys play with a certain level of edge to them, but if they’re competitive, the moment won’t be too big for us and I’m excited to see what we can do.”

Despite losing quite a bit of talent from last year’s squad, SDSU returns some good talent and are hoping to fill the empty slots with guys who are ready to play.

“We take a ton of time and pride in developing our players, so it’s not rushed,” Rogers said. “So, there’s always a guy in the holster ready to be shot, or ready to unleash the new group of players we feel is really talented. We’re hoping there’s a seamless transition from the players that just left to the players that are going to be stepping on the field for the first time. There’s going to be some hiccups, but I think just the confidence we approach the game with and how we handle adversity. It’s not going to be a lack of talent thing. Oklahoma State is extremely talented and they’re extremely experienced. So, we’ve got to execute a game plan, we’ve got to play great technique, and we got to get out there and play fast and free and play with confidence.”

Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT and will be streamed on ESPN+.

Discussion from...

The “Moment Won’t Be Too Big” for Jimmy Rogers and South Dakota State

1,215 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Zach Lancaster
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.