Story Poster
Photo by Sarah Phipps USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football

Offensive Review: After Utah Loss, Plenty to Dissect, Plenty to Correct

September 22, 2024

STILLWATER – Even with a late flurry of offense after Utah had gone to their version of a prevent defense with two high safeties and a box with just five or six, Oklahoma State still finished with only 48-yards net rushing and an average of 3.2-yards per rush. They had 285 total yards on a slim number of opportunities with just 59 plays. The average was a paltry (by Oklahoma State standards) 4.8-yards per play. Practice went well during the week and the plan looked good.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Offensive Review: After Utah Loss, Plenty to Dissect, Plenty to Correct

372 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by PokeRob
PaloDuroPoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a disappointing start to the year. Not just today, anytime we play someone with equal talent. Let's remember,this is a 10 win team with everyone coming back. The coaches (tons of them) had all year to perfect and improve on issues and schemes. Bowman's happy feet, Rangel can't look past his first option, any lineman staying with a block, maybe a few new route concepts and blocking from receivers. Is it just me or does it seem that the development of our athletes (quarterbacks and linemen) seems inept. They have been here for 5-6 and even 7 years. It's obvious to me we lack the quality coaches and leadership to ever compete for championships. The lack of ability and skill shown by our experience sure doesn't make me hopeful for those being developed behind them. I'll be there every game and stay to the end but dang it's disappointing. Yesterday is a great example why we can't get national respect or improve our recruiting status.

Great job by the crowd yesterday. At least the fans came ready to play.
Joe Khatib
PaloDuroPoke said:

What a disappointing start to the year. Not just today, anytime we play someone with equal talent. Let's remember,this is a 10 win team with everyone coming back. The coaches (tons of them) had all year to perfect and improve on issues and schemes. Bowman's happy feet, Rangel can't look past his first option, any lineman staying with a block, maybe a few new route concepts and blocking from receivers. Is it just me or does it seem that the development of our athletes (quarterbacks and linemen) seems inept. They have been here for 5-6 and even 7 years. It's obvious to me we lack the quality coaches and leadership to ever compete for championships. The lack of ability and skill shown by our experience sure doesn't make me hopeful for those being developed behind them. I'll be there every game and stay to the end but dang it's disappointing. Yesterday is a great example why we can't get national respect or improve our recruiting status.

Great job by the crowd yesterday. At least the fans came ready to play.

Not a popular opinion and you probably won't like it either but sometimes the people on the other side of the field have something to do with that!!! They played better and won the game!!! It is what it is!!! The whole team, offense and defense need to improve their play!!! Conversely I was pretty shocked at what BYU did to K State and what SMU did to TCU!!!
PaloDuroPoke
No doubt they played better than we did. True freshman quarterback and 3 turnovers and still dominated us. It is true we play three of those teams and they aren't very good either. I guess there is hope after all. If we play and Coach like yesterday we lose all three
PokeRob
Garrett is not the answer better get Flores ready. The OL cannot run block against anyone and for sure Utah. Cannot tell me it is all about stacking the box. We ran all over West Virginia at the end of the game and I assure you they were geared up to stop Ollie. Bowman can not handle any pressure. Utah was way more physical than our receivers. Never seen so many of our receivers push out of bounds and off there routes. Bowman was so out off sorts he could not hit the guys that were actually open and Garrett miss d two wide open receivers in the 3rd quarter that would have been huge plays. Frustrating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.