Story Poster
Photo by Robert Allen - Pokes Report
Oklahoma State Football

The Football World Continues To Turn Even in the Face of Realignment

July 27, 2021

STILLWATER – While most fans and media members are focused on what conference schools will be a member of in the summer of 2025 or possibly as soon as next summer, the boys of Fall, college football players right now are focused on the 2021 season and where schools will play starting in September.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

The Football World Continues To Turn Even in the Face of Realignment

3,293 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TUSKAPOKE
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bowlsby needs to hit the road as an utter failure. If the B12 adds additional teams from the AAC, BYU and Boise to be attractive to three time zones and becomes the B16, Bowlsby cannot remain. Bowlsby has shown he has no vision, kowtowed to the Shorthorns and Sewerners, and is just drawing a paycheck. Time to move forward, wave goodbye to the fresh meat for the SEC meat grinder and feel good about a future where we can win conference championships and make the 12 team CFP. Just read Stoops editorial and he can kiss Bullet's sphincter when the tail goes up! GO POKES!!!
Joe Khatib
I have been curious how Chad Weibergs family legacy especially with his Uncle Kevin having been a very respected Conference Commissioner at one time along with his work in creating and setting up the Big 10 TV network for Jim Delany plays out in some of this. It looks like both Chad and Dr, Shrum appear to be well respected by those outside of the OSU family and sphere of influence.
CaliforniaCowboy
TUSKAPOKE said:

Bowlsby needs to hit the road as an utter failure. If the B12 adds additional teams from the AAC, BYU and Boise to be attractive to three time zones and becomes the B16, Bowlsby cannot remain. Bowlsby has shown he has no vision, kowtowed to the Shorthorns and Sewerners, and is just drawing a paycheck. Time to move forward, wave goodbye to the fresh meat for the SEC meat grinder and feel good about a future where we can win conference championships and make the 12 team CFP. Just read Stoops editorial and he can kiss Bullet's sphincter when the tail goes up! GO POKES!!!
IF he could pull that off, I would be impressed and be an advocate for him staying... and I'm one of his biggest critics

TUSKAPOKE
RA had a caller on and RA stated that the wealthiest sports league in the world is the NFL. There were rumors the SEC was going after other "blue blood" programs to join up....OH ST, MI, Clemson, FSU, USC, UCLA, Oregon, WA in addition to Zero U and the Shorthorn U to create a "super conference" with 24 teams modeled after the NFL. The development of NIL and this "super college football league" would kill the NCAA, which is a side goal of such a group, but would be driven by insane money. The rest of college football would be a division of leftovers and left out. Folks....the college football world may be changing more drastically than we realize and the 12 team CFP will be left in the dust. A lot of moving parts but I would not be surprised if this is not the ultimate goal. Stoops editorial somewhat supports this happening along with the aggressive nature of going after blue bloods.
CaliforniaCowboy
bleh... it could happen. I started that rumor about the SEC going after other blue-bloods... it was a joke.

the NFL is the richest, but even they recognize salary limits and revenue sharing.

the SEC wants neither salary caps nor revenue sharing.
TUSKAPOKE
Paul Finebum, Sage of the SEC, talked some about it yesterday. Three weeks ago we were getting ready for another football season. Today we are focused on conference realignment and to hell with the season. Interesting times.......glad you are taking credit for starting those baseless rumors.....
CaliforniaCowboy
TUSKAPOKE said:

.....glad you are taking credit for starting those baseless rumors.....

it's in one of my posts if you care to look back.... it was supposed to be comedy.

TUSKAPOKE
I laughed....didn't you hear me?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.