Story Poster
Photo by Marshall Levenson - Pokes Report
Oklahoma State Football Recruiting

Bixby and Braylin Presley Dominate Rivals Stillwater 42-14

September 17, 2021

BIXBY, OK – Bixby entered this rivalry game against Stillwater looking to extend its winning streak to 39 games. Well, the Spartan faithful only had to wonder a quarter and a half if the streak would continue as the Spartans, led by OSU commit Braylin Presley, rolled to blowout 42-14 win over the Pioneers.

Stillwater hauled in an interception early in the first quarter and returned it to the six-yard line. However, the Spartans kept the Pioneers out of the end zone on four-straight plays, including a couple of quarterback keepers from Gage Gunner. The Spartans marched down the field with relative ease as they went 10 plays, 98 yards leading to a Braylin Presley touchdown. Presley, out of the wildcat, broke a 33-yard touchdown to score the first points of the game.

However, just a few plays later on the very next drive, Stillwater quarterback Gage Gundy hit receiver Heston Thompson for a 71-yard touchdown down the sidelines to tie the game up at 7-7.

On the ensuing drive, Presley found pay dirt for his second touchdown of the game on a five-yard end around to bring the score up to 14-7 Bixby on top.

The Spartans forced a three and out on Stillwater’s next drive, which brought about Presley’s third touchdown of the game. He broke a 60-yard run around the end to extend Bixby’s lead up to 21-7 just before halftime.

Presley broke off another huge run on the next Spartans drive, 47 yards, which lead to another Bixby touchdown, extending the Spartans’ score up to 28-7 going into halftime.

The Spartans had 228 rushing yards at the half, with 145 yards going to Presley.

Stillwater continued to struggle out of the half as Bixby extended its lead in its first possession, 35-7.

The third quarter was relatively quiet, but Presley put the Spartans back on the board in the fourth quarter with his fourth touchdown of the day, all coming on the ground. The Pioneers put their second touchdown on the board, bringing the score to 42-14 in the fourth, but it was a little too late

Bixby travels to Bartlesville next week for its first district game of the year, with Stillwater traveling to Edmond Deer Creek for its first district game of the year.

Discussion from...

Bixby and Braylin Presley Dominate Rivals Stillwater 42-14

2,448 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanadianCowboy
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YIPES!

Did all the coach's kids graduate?

I guess that Allen kid, their last QB was better than advertised... or that RB they had, what was his name?

Where did those 2 kids end up anyway? They were good.
Marshall Levenson
CaliforniaCowboy said:

YIPES!

Did all the coach's kids graduate?

I guess that Allen kid, their last QB was better than advertised... or that RB they had, what was his name?

Where did those 2 kids end up anyway? They were good.
There are still a couple of coaches kids at Stillwater.

Gage Gundy is the QB for Stillwater and Chance Clements is a OLD/EDGE for Stillwater. Both are good, the overall team is just not as good.

Caleb Allen was the QB last year and he is at UCO now and Qwontrel Walker, the RB, is at Tyler JC in Texas.
TUSKAPOKE
I was finding the info as ML was posting....

Qwontrel Walker (RB) ended up at Tyler JC
(https://www.apacheathletics.com/roster/17/14).....

Caleb Allen (QB) ended up at UCO/Edmond
(https://bronchosports.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=position)
TeaTownCowboy
I like how you called him Gage Gunner first, Zachary, but should've been to "Gunnar", LOL. However, the Spartans kept the Pioneers out of the end zone on four-straight plays, including a couple of quarterback keepers from Gage Gunner.

Is it just me or does Braylin look a bit smaller but a bit faster than his bro?

TeaTownCowboy
Walker can play, how'd NEO A&M not get him???
TUSKAPOKE
I do not know about Qwontrel Walker not going to NEO because I watched a lot of his games and the kid can play. Straight ahead speed was a knock on him but I saw him run away from a lot of fast defensive backs. Maybe academics and he could get into TJC. The most productive HS player I have ever seen to not get even one P5/G5 offer which may answer the question.

I made a comment on PR a ways back that we had another recruit about that size come here and had moves. They put a few pounds on him and he became the GOAT. I was somewhat admonished about that and that this guy is not as big. We will see.......
CanadianCowboy
TUSKAPOKE said:

"...I made a comment on PR a ways back that we had another recruit about that size come here and had moves. They put a few pounds on him and he became the GOAT. I was somewhat admonished about that and that this guy is not as big. We will see......."

Yep, same happened to me when I posted a similar observation last winter. I thought the younger Pressley has very similar lateral shifts and forward bursts as Barry Sanders, and still do. That's not saying that I think he is the second coming of Barry Sanders, but it's uncanny how their running modes are similar.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.