Story Poster
Photo by Pat Kinnison - Chief Photographer
Oklahoma State Football

Mike Gundy Updates Depth Chart Ahead of Bedlam

November 22, 2021

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State rolled into Lubbock and blanked Texas Tech 23-0 and did so without a full complement on the offensive side of the ball. The Pokes were missing starting center Danny Godlevske, as well as starting left guard Josh Sills, who played a little bit as the game went on.

Brennan Presley was banged up, so he was only available on punt return and starting running back Jaylen Warren got banged up in the middle of the game, which left the load to Dominic Richardson and Dezmon Jackson.

Here’s a look at the depth chart going into Bedlam this week. Note there’s quite a few ‘ORs’ listed throughout the list.

“We’re gonna try to get guys out [Tuesday], like always,” said head coach Mike Gundy. “It’s just hard for me to say; I thought [Brennan Presley] would play some and he didn’t feel good, [Josh Sills] got out and did some stuff. I didn’t think he’d get on the field at all, and he did get on the field. So, we’re going to try and get as many of them ready as we can. [Jaylen Warren] couldn’t do much; if you would’ve asked me and said I had to give you an answer I would’ve said yes, I would’ve been wrong again. So, we just have to kind of wade our way through it and figure it out in the middle of the week.”

As they have for a good portion of the season, the coaching staff has played a lot of younger guys, including quite a few freshmen. Guys like the Blaine and Bryson Green, as well as John Paul Richardson, who made some nice plays against Tech, including a touchdown from JPR.

“We had five freshmen playing at once out there on offense Saturday night,” said head coach Mike Gundy. “So, it’s not the most comforting feeling, but [John Paul Richardson’s] had a lot of reps in practice, but he hasn’t had the mental and physical strain in games. So, he’s doing OK. The Green [twins] have had more of that and it beats up on them a little bit. [Jaden Bray], he’s had not as many game reps, but a lot of practice reps. We’ve got some guys that have gone through it, but we’re in a better position than we have been in the past. And Collin Oliver’s a different guy because I don’t know how he’s holding up the way he is, but it’s not bothering him at all. He’s playing as hard now as he was from day one and it's pretty amazing.”

Kickoff for Bedlam is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT this Saturday on ABC.

Discussion from...

Mike Gundy Updates Depth Chart Ahead of Bedlam

4,911 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Orangeheart72
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
they did that last week too.... no updates but 5 on offense were actually out.

I don't see Springfield, that's about it.

Orangeheart72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just hope we have an offensive line that's close to our best lineup this year. That would be well ahead of last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.