Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State football
Oklahoma State Football Recruiting

Recruiting Update: Top Target for 2023 is Holding McDonald, Top Target for 2024? A Bunch

September 14, 2022

STILLWATER – I’ve seen where a number of Oklahoma State fans are more concerned about keeping the Cowboys class intact then necessarily adding new commitments to the Class of 2023. Not a bad idea as the Pokes have the best class ranked 63rd that I’ve ever seen. The folks at 247 Sports also have Oklahoma State’s class ranked No. 9 in the Big 12.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Update: Top Target for 2023 is Holding McDonald, Top Target for 2024? A Bunch

6,945 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

Lol, why is that? Because the "kicking butt comment" not sure what you're referring to. We have play nobody in non con. Now we gotta play the teeth of the big XII. Not gonna be great in 2 weeks when our offense puts up 10 points and our offensive line gets rolled.
ON WHETHER HE (Gundy) HAS A BETTER SENSE OF WHERE THE TEAM IS AT THIS YEAR COMPARED TO LAST YEAR AFTER NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:

"We didn't get up to par health-wise offensively until about the sixth game of the year. We played with young players. And really we played with young players even that point, but they at least could get lined up and make a play because they had been out there. But we played half the season offensively with, it was scary. Put it that way. And we all know the defense played really well. So now we've got a little more maturity on offense. Knock on wood, we're keeping guys healthy and our skill healthy. And then defensively, we have some youth that we're trying to kind of get going and keep them going."
Crazed_Stallion
Because they aren't that great. We have play nobody and it's a just a pretend game. Sanders got blasted a couple times by an HBCU team. What's going to happen week to week with better athletes. Everyone just has to see that. Gotta take the glasses off. This team is not 8 ranked team. Maybe 15-20. 7 wins max.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Because they aren't that great. We have play nobody and it's a just a pretend game. Sanders got blasted a couple times by an HBCU team. What's going to happen week to week with better athletes. Everyone just has to see that. Gotta take the glasses off. This team is not 8 ranked team. Maybe 15-20. 7 wins max.
I'm more of an 8 win guy, if things don't improve, but clearly they improved last year and there is no reason to expect that they won't continue to improve this year. I think we'll need the ball to bounce our way a few times.

There are several teams in our conference that are not as good as last year, we are not one of those teams.

I see where you're coming from though, the Goons are great because they've played nobody too...I get ya... I see how you roll.

Us hoping for the best results does not make it true, but you making wild allegations does not make them true either, just remember that. You have a choice. You choose to look at the negative.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.