Story Poster
Photo by Twitter: @regis5878
Oklahoma State Basketball

Oklahoma State Lands 2023 Four-Star Forward Justin McBride

September 21, 2022

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State has just landed another commitment in the 2023 class. Justin McBride, a four-star prospect out of Plano, TX, has just announced his commitment to Mike Boynton and Co.

McBride a 6-7, 210-pound forward out of Plano (TX) HS, chose the Pokes over Arizona State and Missouri, but he also held offers from Arkansas, Kansas State, Kansas, TCU, UNLV, VCU and Wichita State among others.

Originally out of Mouth of Wilson, VA, McBride played for Oak Hill before making the move to Plano. In fact, it appeared his recruiting process would be wrapped up before this past signing class ended as he had dropped a final four list Sept 2021, which included Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Texas Tech. However, he opened his process back up to all schools this past March and has seen a handful of offers come his way since June.

McBride, who was AAU teammates with Jamyron Keller on the EYBL circuit team, Drive Nation, was in Stillwater in early September on an official visit. Over the summer, he averaged 13.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists.

He’s currently ranked as the No. 118 overall prospect in the 2023 class, the No. 25 overall power foward and the No. 11 overall prospect out of Texas, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

McBride joins an already solid class. Brandon Garrison was the first of the three commitments for Mike Boynton and Co. in the ‘23 class. Garrison, a 6-9, 205-pound center out of Del City, checks in as the No. 37 overall prospect in the class, according to the ESPN Top-100 rankings. He was joined in mid-August by 6-1, 190-pound Ellison HS combo guard, Jamyron Keller. Keller checks in as the No. 141 overall prospect in the class, according to 247Sports. Connor Dow, a 6-6, 180-pound shooting guard/small forward out of Broken Arrow, was the third commitment just a few weeks ago. He’s currently ranked as the No. 3 overall prospect out of Oklahoma.

Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Lands 2023 Four-Star Forward Justin McBride

3,592 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Zach Lancaster
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome Cowboy!!! Work hard and get a good education!!! Go pokes!!!
TUSKAPOKE
Zach....How many scholarships do they have open and how is the BS NCAA scholarship loss impact this year and next? Thanks!!!!
backphil
Welcome aboard Cowboy. Looking forward to you lighting it up in GIA!
Class 1980
Zach Lancaster
Staff
TUSKAPOKE said:

Zach....How many scholarships do they have open and how is the BS NCAA scholarship loss impact this year and next? Thanks!!!!
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure based on current eligibility based on COVID years. I know do know that they're currently at 11 scholarships on the current roster and they still have to burn the three owed to the NCAA. They'll for sure lose a couple of guys from this year's roster to either the transfer portal or professional. Let me reach out and find out where they stand and I'll let you know soon.
POOBAPOKE
GO POKES!
MycatToby
Thrilled about this get! Happy to have you McBride!
TUSKAPOKE
Thanks Zach....I am confused as to all of this scholarship business with the NCAA BS and then the Covid eligibility issues. When you get it figured out, let us know. Thx!
Zach Lancaster
Staff
TUSKAPOKE said:

Thanks Zach....I am confused as to all of this scholarship business with the NCAA BS and then the Covid eligibility issues. When you get it figured out, let us know. Thx!
Yeah COVID and the NCAA restrictions certainly throw a wrench into things.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.