Story Poster
Photo by Brett Rojo-USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football

Over/Under: Five Thoughts on OSU's Game Against Baylor

September 30, 2022

STILLWATER – We’re starting a new game-week series here at Pokes Report called Over/Under. It’ll be five topics with an over/under associated to them. You’ll then drop your predictions in the comments below on how you think they’ll turn out.

Oklahoma State is looking to go 4-0 on the season as the Pokes kick Big 12 play off on the road in Waco, TX, against No. 16 Baylor on Saturday, Oct. 1. These two teams last met in the 2021 Big 12 title game, with Baylor winning, 21-16.

The first Over/Under will be Spencer Sanders: Over/Under two turnovers

Sanders has been really good to start the 2022 season, having thrown for 916 yards and 10 touchdowns with just one interception. He also posted 110 yards and three touchdowns on the ground. While turnovers haven’t been an issue for Spencer, last year, especially against Baylor, they were. He combined for seven interceptions in the two games against the Bears. Will Spencer continue to take care of the football, or will his Baylor turnover woes pop up on Saturday?

Rushing game: Over/Under 100 yards

Yeah, yeah, I understand I used this Over/Under for the game against Arizona State, but this time it’s really important. The Cowboys will be facing a very good defensive line on Saturday, which is led by Siaki Ika and Jaxon Player, a d-line that’s allowing just 79.5 rushing yards per game. That’s good for No. 9 in the country for rush defense. The Pokes rushed for just 70 yards against Baylor in the Big 12 title game, with Spencer netting 33 yards and Dominic Richardson netting just two. Will the passing offense be enough to open up the run game?

Scoring: Over/Under 27 points

The Cowboys are averaging 51.7 points per game to the start the season, good for No. 1 in the FBS. The Baylor defense is allowing just 16.8 points per game, good for No. 23 in the FBS. The over/under in terms of scoring is currently (Friday at noon) set at 55.5. Will the Cowboys be able to post 27+ points?

Defense: Over/Under 400 yards of total offense

The Cowboys’ defense, while ranked No. 70 in the FBS in total defense, is giving up 376.7 yards per game, while Baylor is posting 431 yards per game. Will the Pokes be able to limit this Blake Shapen-led Baylor offense and hold them to under 400 yards on Saturday?

Rush defense: Over/Under 150 yards

On the flip side of things for the OSU defense, the Cowboys are holding opponents to an average of 111.3 yards on the ground, while Baylor is averaging 206.8 yards on the ground. Will the Cowboy defensive line, led by Brock Martin, Sione Asi, Tyler Lacy, Brendon Evers, Collin Oliver and Trace Ford be able to hold the Bears to less than 150 yards on the ground?

Discussion from...

Over/Under: Five Thoughts on OSU's Game Against Baylor

2,616 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Murphy
Zach Lancaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Under
Over
Over
Under
Under
CaliforniaCowboy
Two questions...

1) what if SS has 2 turnovers... would that be a push?

2) does "offensive scoring" include scores by special teams and/or the defense?

Thanks.

Push
Over
over
Under
Over
Zach Lancaster
Staff
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Two questions...

1) what if SS has 2 turnovers... would that be a push?

2) does "offensive scoring" include scores by special teams and/or the defense?

Thanks.

Push
Over
Offense under 27 (team over)
Under
Over

Yeah if Spencer has 2 TOs, it would be a push. I've pushed a few times in the first few games. As for scoring, I might go back and update to just scoring, because I meant it as total points.
pokeacola
SS - under
Rushing - over (includes SS QB Rushing)
scoring - over
Defense - under
Rush D - over
Emma Lightfoot
Under
Over
Over
Over
Under
Crazed_Stallion
Under
Under
Under
Over
Over
CanadianCowboy
Under
Under
Over
Over
Under
Marshall Levenson
Under
Over
Over
Under
Under
Brian Murphy
Over
Over
Under
Over
Under

I think we win a tight one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.