Story Poster
Photo by USA TODAY Sports
Oklahoma State Football

Braun is a Portal Leg Up on Improving the Offensive Line

November 22, 2022

STILLWATER – I did a deep dive into video on Joshua Braun of Florida looking at video from his playing time for the Gators which included seven starts in 2021 and action in all 13 games and playing in 11 games as a freshman. I went back and watched his playing at Live Oak (Suwannee), Fla. when he earned a four-star recruiting ranking and was ranked as one of the top offensive linemen in the country.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Braun is a Portal Leg Up on Improving the Offensive Line

4,606 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10/18 and we just now probably logged onto a computer to look at the portal. Gundy has a problem with not bringing portal guys into his "culture". He better wake up or he will be passed by going 200mph.
cscotty7
Man you can't be a very happy person!! Every post I have read of yours has been negative!! Unreal!!! I question why you are even on this site!! It has to be miserable for you!!
Crazed_Stallion
Not miserable, just expect more for the money we all put into the university. I expect more from a coach making 7mil a year. I expect more from a team coming off a 12 win season.
CaliforniaCowboy
there is 5-star Bama RB in the portal.... I hope we're trying for him.... sigh
Crazed_Stallion
Need an Oline for someone to run behind. Without fixing that you won't get any production.
Duke Silver
Crazed_Stallion said:

Not miserable, just expect more for the money we all put into the university. I expect more from a coach making 7mil a year. I expect more from a team coming off a 12 win season.
11. An 11 win season.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Need an Oline for someone to run behind. Without fixing that you won't get any production.
That is a silly comment. While true, it is not very reflective of our team.

Warren ran great behind the line last year, nobody else did. (not even Dom)

Dom ran okay behind our constantly changing line this year, nobody else did.

Our OLine will be fixed with guys returning from injury. RB needs a serious upgrade.
Pokes4158
So now you are saying again the line is good? You said it was good then said it wasn't then said it was. You change your opinion on every thread!
Joe Khatib
Duke Silver said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

11. An 11 win season.
He should really be ticked off that the Coach from the team he follows, it ain't OSU, is making $6 million a year and looks to only be going 6 - 6 this year! LOLOLOL
Crazed_Stallion
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Our OLine will be fixed with guys returning from injury. RB needs a serious upgrade.

Warren is an NFL back. He is basically benching N Harris. Totally different than what we have now. The Oline is Trash and needs to be fixed in EVERY imaginable way.
Crazed_Stallion
7 wins, wins by 2 TDs this weekend.

Joe Khatib
Joe Khatib said:

Duke Silver said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

11. An 11 win season.
He should really be ticked off that the Coach from the team he follows, it ain't OSU, is making $6 million a year and looks to only be going 6 - 6 this year! LOLOLOL
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah is all you get from Nucking Futs types!
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

So now you are saying again the line is good? You said it was good then said it wasn't then said it was. You change your opinion on every thread!
no.. I have not changed my opinion even once... I say the same thing every time.. YOU have a problem listening to what others say.

I said this line has issues that we are all well aware of (namely experience, constant injury's and shuffling), and NEXT year is fine, because the guy we already have will not be injured and will have another year experience (including the freshmen gaining size with Glass)

I've said the same thing every single time. There is nothing wrong with our OLine that a little time will not heal, unfortunately we ran out of time on this season regarding healing
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Warren is an NFL back. He is basically benching N Harris. Totally different than what we have now. The Oline is Trash and needs to be fixed in EVERY imaginable way.
Hello, McFly, I SAID it was different ... AT RB ... that RB is the weakness this year, more so than the OLine.

Warren could run behind our line last year, nobody else on the roster could. capiche?

don't you ever listen and try to understand what is written right in front of you?
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

The OLine for next year is NOT A PROBLEM. We need health, not bad mouthing.
Inquisitor
The reason why we are behind in recruiting this kid is telling.

Why are we always so slow to realize that we need to recruit better in HS and the portal?

I could tell you before the season started (and made several comments on various boards) that our O-Line depth was insufficient and we lacked winning talent there.) I never coached a down in football. It is that obvious.
Crazed_Stallion
That's because eh Oline is trash dumb dumb.
Crazed_Stallion
LMFAO! We don't even start the the same Oline at the end of the season the last 4 season. It's the Oline coach and his trash coaching.
Crazed_Stallion
Because Gundy wants to "reward" the current players instead of going after the best players.
Joe Khatib
That is why you have a new recruiting analyst and GA at that position who came in back in January!
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

LMFAO! We don't even start the the same Oline at the end of the season the last 4 season. It's the Oline coach and his trash coaching.
that statement does not make any sense. Almost no team returns 5 starters. Very rare.
Crazed_Stallion
Look at the production and who played in the first game V who starts in the last game. OSU percentage is the lowest in the league and has been for YEARS. SUB 80% in some years.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Look at the production and who played in the first game V who starts in the last game. OSU percentage is the lowest in the league and has been for YEARS. SUB 80% in some years.
I have no idea what you're talking about. who played in which game, and against whom? percentages of what are lowest in the league? I have no idea what sub 80% means.

please use complete sentences
Crazed_Stallion
You need to listen to Feellike45 podcast. The stats are amazing for how bad the Oline is/has been.
Vonrocky
I'm not sure why you write an article like this Robert? It just gives OSU's fans FALSE hope!. This is a type of quality recruit that we never get. OSU coaches Always lose to bigger schools.This it's the kind of player that we have not been recruiting for years.Until Gundy takes recruiting more seriously we're never gonna get these kind of quality recruits. So stop pumping up the fan base with fantasy articles.
Pokes4158
Yeah maybe you are right and we just need a little time. Another 10 years oughta do it huh?
Pokes4158
Then why did Robert Allen and zac Lancaster recently both say the line is an issue and needs addressed? Or you chose not to read those parts of the articles?
Pokes4158
That's not what he is saying. He is saying for the last 4 years the same guys that start day 1 are not the same that finish the season as starters. It's constantly being reshuffled. We have to be creative and move guys because we simply don't have set it and forget it talent.
Pokes4158
He could listen to them but he would still come in here and lie lol he really doesn't care if anything makes sense. His only purpose his is to try to shut down anyone with a realistic opinion. If he believes someone is negative he wants to trash them. Then as soon as someone really starts to prove him wrong he throws everything out the window and says dumb **** like please use complete sentences. So apparently he can't read very well either. Cali is forum police man it's that simple. Dude walks around all day holding up Robert Allen's nutsack for him
Pokes4158
I like to think about him as Paul blart the rental cop.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Then why did Robert Allen and zac Lancaster recently both say the line is an issue and needs addressed? Or you chose not to read those parts of the articles?
read it again.... it says Woodward will likely not return and will need to be replaced, and that (un named) was not living up to expectations (likely Enteinne)

read it again... it does not say the sky is falling
Pokes4158
See where is said articles? Plural? Not this article my boy.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

That's not what he is saying. He is saying for the last 4 years the same guys that start day 1 are not the same that finish the season as starters. It's constantly being reshuffled. We have to be creative and move guys because we simply don't have set it and forget it talent.
huh... that's not true, aside from injury. Last year we tried 2 guys at LT and they didn't work out, after that it was pretty much set in store for the remainder of the year.

don't listen to him, he has no idea what he's talking about
Pokes4158
I watch the games so I definitely know what I'll believe. Line is a reshuffled mess forever and a day.
Legally-Lit
We will not get this kid. Can we get an article of Portal OL that are gettable? If we get him I'll gladly eat crow.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.