Story Poster
Photo by Pat Kinnison - Chief Photographer
Oklahoma State Football

Portal Rumors, More Recruiting News, and Bowl Game Rumors Too

December 1, 2022

STILLWATER – Zach Lancaster from our site showed me his response today to a message on our site about how they were getting so much information from social media rumors and there wasn’t any of that here on Pokes Report. Zach’s response was good. Basically, Pokes Report doesn’t deal in rumors. We do hear quite a few and we check them out.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Portal Rumors, More Recruiting News, and Bowl Game Rumors Too

10,944 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
principalg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the information!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Isn't it a violation for aTm to contact Cobb if he's not in the portal? If so, is this the kind of thing OSU would report?
TUSKAPOKE
RA indicated it is the wild, wild west. There are few rules and the NCAA police are inept and asleep at the wheel. Anyway, it is a SEC team and they get a pass. The SEC believes in "justice" for all teams not in the SEC and that "just us" in the SEC get a pass.
TUSKAPOKE
Thanks RA for this article. I feel bad for Ford and can only imagine how frustrating another injury must be for him. .
Zach Lancaster
Staff
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Isn't it a violation for aTm to contact Cobb if he's not in the portal? If so, is this the kind of thing OSU would report?
It would be a violation if they are, which is definitely something OSU will dig into and report if it's the case.
Doug Gosney
Good article RA. Encouraging on Oliver. Hope Cobb is solid. There's a bunch of key players we need to keep and those are two at the top of the list. There are several others at the top of the list too. Good to hear on Flores as well. Thanks for the report.
Joe Khatib
Nice Robert, Thanks for the information! The damn Sports Animal in OKC was putting out what is probably a totally bogus story that OU was going to the Cheez It Bowl in Orlando to play Florida State and we would be sent to Ft. Worth to play Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl!!! Don't you love SOONER RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TUSKAPOKE
Joe....You spelled Sooner wrong again...."SEWERNER".....Two of the worst involved with that filth have OSU ties....disgusting depravity....Have a good evening.
GoPokes94
The armed forces bowl is an option for us
Joe Khatib
GoPokes94 said:

The armed forces bowl is an option for us
NOT LIKELY THOUGH! The Animal was using a post off The Athletic site which really doesn't have people associated with the Big XII!
Crazed_Stallion
Looks like Fresno state in the first responder. OU to cheese it.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

seriously... like anybody on this forum cares where your team goes?

I'm hearing ESPN is going to send the goons to the Frisco bowl to play with themselves
Crazed_Stallion
When 2 programs are headed in different directions, Sooners in top 10 recruiting and about to get another #1 safety. OSU going down the tubes recruiting and lack of urgency. Gundy continuing to just sit in his hands and nothing being done while his players are being poached is hilarious. You all continue to drink your koolaid. Until the entire offensive staff is fired nothing is going to change.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

So which one are you going to?

BTW, how was the Lions Club luncheon (or whatever club) where Chad spoke? And you, big man, tried to convince everyone you personally had a lunch meeting with Chad.
Crazed_Stallion
Lions club? It's was great talked about NIL and all the things. An NIL deal should be announced soon for all the players in another form. I was excited to hear the work they are doing. Now, OSU doesn't have that deep Texas Oil money, they sure are going to be competitive though, which I am proud of.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

When 2 programs are headed in different directions, Sooners in top 10 recruiting and about to get another #1 safety. OSU going down the tubes recruiting and lack of urgency. Gundy continuing to just sit in his hands and nothing being done while his players are being poached is hilarious. You all continue to drink your koolaid. Until the entire offensive staff is fired nothing is going to change.
the sooner continues to show his colors..... You all drink your Kool-Aid.

yep... two directions, the goons to the SEC and an eternity of mediocrity, and OSU to regular and repeated B12 championships.

your goon ship has sailed, you should be on it.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

Lions club? It's was great talked about NIL and all the things. An NIL deal should be announced soon for all the players in another form. I was excited to hear the work they are doing. Now, OSU doesn't have that deep Texas Oil money, they sure are going to be competitive though, which I am proud of.

See, I knew you were mis-representing yourself, just like you mis-represent yourself as more of an OSU fan than a Zero fan. Now, everyone knows.

Pathetic.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Crazed_Stallion said:

We'll see. But one thing we all know, OUs NIL program is a disaster.
Crazed_Stallion
1!!!!! Championship 1!!! We aren't going to win the big XII anytime soon. Gundy will always fold. Tomorrow Kstate or TCU will have more Big XII championships than Gundy. You act like we are some big juggernaut. Lol.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

1!!!!! Championship 1!!! We aren't going to win the big XII anytime soon. Gundy will always fold. Tomorrow Kstate or TCU will have more Big XII championships than Gundy. You act like we are some big juggernaut. Lol.
I'm not "acting" like anything.... your goons and Texas are leaving, remember?

You're destiny is .500 conference records, our destiny will be playing in conference championships.

You point at the past for your support, I point to the future. The past has zero to do with the new conference alignment, try to follow along
Crazed_Stallion
Oh, I'm following. I just don't see how you have any support that OSU will play for championships year over year even with UO an Texas gone.
TUSKAPOKE
I was never an OU fan and have been on that campus to only one football event and that was a spring game in 74. OU and Norman suck! When I was in grade school I played sand lot football with Steve Davis and his brothers George and Joe. I watched HS football and saw the Selmons, Shoate, Hoffman and Davis play. I still was not an OU fan. We've argued about where the program is at OSU today. We may disagree but that does not make me a Sewerner and not sure about others here. Most of us agree this is the Golden Age of OSU football. Has it plateaued? Has complacency set in that having a winning record and going to a bowl game is "good enough"? My position remains: Gundy will not be fired and should not be but should be visited with about higher expectations in the next five years. Gundy as CEO needs to energize the program some way and that may mean coach changes. There is a need, IMO, to up the recruiting. NIL must be funded to stay in the game as it is today. They announced some seating changes this week at BPS and that is good and investment in players' amenities must continue. We need better results with conference championships and a run for the big one. That needs to happen more than every one to two decades or two conference championships in 46 years. "Almost" and "wait until next year" is old and an excuse. As a CEO. when complacency and lack of reaching goals sets in, I make changes. The CEO needs to get that done.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
TUSKAPOKE said:

I was never an OU fan and have been on that campus to only one football event and that was a spring game in 74. OU and Norman suck! When I was in grade school I played sand lot football with Steve Davis and his brothers George and Joe. I watched HS football and saw the Selmons, Shoate, Hoffman and Davis play. I still was not an OU fan. We've argued about where the program is at OSU today. We may disagree but that does not make me a Sewerner and not sure about others here. Most of us agree this is the Golden Age of OSU football. Has it plateaued? Has complacency set in that having a winning record and going to a bowl game is "good enough"? My position remains: Gundy will not be fired and should not be but should be visited with about higher expectations in the next five years. Gundy as CEO needs to energize the program some way and that may mean coach changes. There is a need, IMO, to up the recruiting. NIL must be funded to stay in the game as it is today. They announced some seating changes this week at BPS and that is good and investment in players' amenities must continue. We need better results with conference championships and a run for the big one. That needs to happen more than every one to two decades or two conference championships in 46 years. "Almost" and "wait until next year" is old and an excuse. As a CEO. when complacency and lack of reaching goals sets in, I make changes. The CEO needs to get that done.

Uh, nobody is claiming you're a Zero fan. I too went to school with one of Steve's little brothers, Todd. I still hated the Zeros.
Crazed_Stallion
This. All of this. Great post. It sure does feel stale, OSU is in a different league right now and the attitude Gundy gives off just isnt it. after getting beat in Norman he stood up there and made jokes and ate pretzles. I get it and love it sometimes. But, sometimes i want to see his urgency about changing things. Like right now, we arent changing the offensive line coach who should have been fired on Monday! Why is he out recruiting or trying too. we should have moved on from him.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Oh, I'm following. I just don't see how you have any support that OSU will play for championships year over year even with UO an Texas gone.
did too. did not.. did too. did not..

sheesh

you are only ever going to see what you want to see, not what is actually there in front of you
TUSKAPOKE
Good for you, dude. I am in the camp that Mike needs to make changes and soon. "Almost" and "wait until next year" has gotten old. Thanks for not putting me in the Sewerners fan club. My day has been made with your validation and I can now have a wonderful Texas Bowl experience............GO POKES!!!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
TUSKAPOKE said:

Good for you, dude. I am in the camp that Mike needs to make changes and soon. "Almost" and "wait until next year" has gotten old. Thanks for not putting me in the Sewerners fan club. My day has been made with your validation and I can now have a wonderful Texas Bowl experience............GO POKES!!!

I just don't get you goofballs that would rather torture yourself with identifying things that need to change when change is not what matters. What matters is the number in the W/L columns. If you can't accept either the number of wins or losses, then lobby for a new HC. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and admit the HC knows at least a thousand times more about what's wrong, what's right or what needs to change, and then forget about trying to solve a problem your not equipped to solve.
TUSKAPOKE
Well, I thought we were having a nice discussion and you call anyone not agreeing with you a "goofball". I am melting from that and what seems to be you unhappy with anyone not in 100% agreement with your view. Gundy should be held responsible as he is paid $7 million/yr. If "almost" is good enough, for Gundy and you, then he will stay the course and watch other teams go to conference championships and the playoffs year after year. Sorry some of us believe better results are needed and expected and the program has plateaued. So, IMO as a "Pistols Firing Goofball", Gundy needs to re-energize the program and get better results. My discussion points are as good as any I have read and as valid as any you have posted. PF posters' opinions are like sphincter holes.....
Vonrocky
TUSKAPOKE said:

I.
I agree!
Joe Khatib
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

So which one are you going to?

BTW, how was the Lions Club luncheon (or whatever club) where Chad spoke? And you, big man, tried to convince everyone you personally had a lunch meeting with Chad.
Hey Mr. Ed I put NIL cash in nearly a year ago with Pokes With a Purpose, it has been around for a damn year now why SO LATE TO THE PARTY IF YOU WANT THIS SO CALLED URGENCY!!! You contradict yourself in the same post! AMAZING, you should go into politics!!! LOLOLOLOL
Joe Khatib
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

seriously... like anybody on this forum cares where your team goes?

I'm hearing ESPN is going to send the goons to the Frisco bowl to play with themselves
Did Jimmy Traber whisper that into your ear during PILLOW TALK last night Mr. Ed!!! LOLOLOLOL
Joe Khatib
TUSKAPOKE said:

Well, I thought we were having a nice discussion and you call anyone not agreeing with you a "goofball". I am melting from that and what seems to be you unhappy with anyone not in 100% agreement with your view. Gundy should be held responsible as he is paid $7 million/yr. If "almost" is good enough, for Gundy and you, then he will stay the course and watch other teams go to conference championships and the playoffs year after year. Sorry some of us believe better results are needed and expected and the program has plateaued. So, IMO as a "Pistols Firing Goofball", Gundy needs to re-energize the program and get better results. My discussion points are as good as any I have read and as valid as any you have posted. PF posters' opinions are like sphincter holes.....
Take it easy and calm down, this program is just a year removed from nearly winning the conference and playing in a January Bowl with a victory over NOTRE DAME!!! Look at Baylor for Christs sake they had a lot coming back and didn't suffer anywhere near the injuries we did plus they to are removed from the Conference championship and a New Years bowl win and were lucky to be 6 -6 this year! Hair on fire isn't the way Gundy rolls or Aranda for that matter!
Joe Khatib
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

I'm not "acting" like anything.... your goons and Texas are leaving, remember?

You're destiny is .500 conference records, our destiny will be playing in conference championships.

You point at the past for your support, I point to the future. The past has zero to do with the new conference alignment, try to follow along
Zero U is in very rough straights and old Mr. Ed knows it!!! He lives IN THE PAST! Old Lincoln is laughing his arse off as he PREPARES TO PLAY FOR THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, HE SAW THE FUTURE AND SAID NO THANKS!!! Just to show I want to be fair I sincerely APPRECIATE AND THANK YOU not threatening people unlike another idiot who will go unnamed because this is about sports NOT LIFE OR DEATH!!!
TUSKAPOKE
Joe....I pay my money to share my views, like others, and I am very calm. I have watched and been around probably longer than you and my view is as valid as yours. I stand by my views on where the program is currently. I am also aware of the results of other teams in the BIG 12. I am also aware of the injuries and have kept up with those. I believe you call in to RA, when I listen, and discuss topics of great value which I sometimes enjoy listening. Your post is not anything more than what RA has discussed many times on his show the past few months and many posts here at PF. IMO, which is as valid as yours, RA and Gumby's, the program has plateaued. Making a run at a conference championship every decade is good for some but not me and I have expressed that and possible areas that need improvement. So, for "Christ's sake" I do want more in my lifetime than two conference championships (76/11)!!! Without some sense of urgency (hair on fire) the wall is hit. Just ask Gary Patterson at TCU.....
Crazed_Stallion
A new one coming there Joe. Keep up old man.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.