Story Poster
Oklahoma State Football

Oklahoma State Gets First Look at Chase Field, This Game Important, Just Ask

December 26, 2022

PHOENIX, Ariz. – Oklahoma State players and coaches got their first look at Chase Field on Monday afternoon during a walk through. The Cowboys came through the ramp and through the tunnel hallway underneath Chase Field and through the visitor’s clubhouse and out of the first base dugout. The smell imediately when you hit the top step was one of intense furtilizer.

To watch this video, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Oklahoma State Gets First Look at Chase Field, This Game Important, Just Ask

3,334 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
Orangeheart72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Badger comment of "from what we've seen we're going to be able to run the ball" is interesting. Unsure if that was aimed at reviewing OSU's defensive issues, the turf at the stadium or both! Hope our D is ready to force them into a balanced attack. Looks like they averaged about 175/4.6 yards rushing per game, as opposed to our approximate 130/2.3 yards per game on offense. Their defense gave up only 103/3.0 rushing ypg. on avg. Our D gave up about 170/4.6 rushing ypg on avg. Not a great comparison going into game for Pokes.
CaliforniaCowboy
rushing is about all they have, and they're good at it, with a 1,000 yard rusher.

my fear is we're going to sell out to stop the run, and our young DB are going to get burned over the top a time or two.

and... can you imagine having to play an entire game on a field that smells strongly of fertilizer? That is pathetic.

Jally
Yeah, it's almost like we shouldn't be playing on a baseball field.
pokeacola
Beth mowins on the broadcast!! She is the worst. I know, I am sexist, blah, blah, blah...but that aside , she is a screecher And the worst sports broadcaster ever. UnLISTENABLE... Too bad my streaming service out here in the hinterlands is always buffering. Thus, unable to sequence with the radio crew... I don't need someone to tell me what's going on....guess, like with all of her broadcasts, I will just turn the sound off. Am I alone in my opinion.. She is probably A wonderful human being, nevertheless....
Joe Khatib
Just one word for Wisconsin TURBO!!! It will be just as taxiing on them if we end up running 85 to 90 plays which is not uncommon for Big XII teams but very very rare for Big 10 teams!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
pokeacola said:

Beth mowins on the broadcast!! She is the worst. I know, I am sexist, blah, blah, blah...but that aside , she is a screecher And the worst sports broadcaster ever. UnLISTENABLE... Too bad my streaming service out here in the hinterlands is always buffering. Thus, unable to sequence with the radio crew... I don't need someone to tell me what's going on....guess, like with all of her broadcasts, I will just turn the sound off. Am I alone in my opinion.. She is probably A wonderful human being, nevertheless....

You're not alone. She is unlistenable. The friggin worst. Luckily, I don't have to listen to fingernails on the chalkboard. I'll be listening to Dave & John.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
Joe Khatib said:

Just one word for Wisconsin TURBO!!! It will be just as taxiing on them if we end up running 85 to 90 plays which is not uncommon for Big XII teams but very very rare for Big 10 teams!

My thought exactly. Got to go turbo. Hope Rangel is up to it.
Joe Khatib
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Joe Khatib said:

My thought exactly. Go to go turbo. Hope Rangel is up to it.
Thank God for modern technology and being able to listen to Dave, John and Robert!!!
Roughrider
If you switched coaching staffs in this game we would blow them out. We have better athletes. They have better coaches. Oh - Wisconsin also knows what to do with a TE. Jelani Woods is watching this game and laughing.
Joe Khatib
Roughrider said:

If you switched coaching staffs in this game we would blow them out. We have better athletes. They have better coaches. Oh - Wisconsin also knows what to do with a TE. Jelani Woods is watching this game and laughing.
I thought they waisted time trying to run the ball, Just throw it 45 to 50 times and run it may be 15 times just to mix it up slightly, this group can't run block but do a decent job in pass pro!
CaliforniaCowboy
Joe Khatib said:

Roughrider said:

I thought they waisted time trying to run the ball, Just throw it 45 to 50 times and run it may be 15 times just to mix it up slightly, this group can't run block but do a decent job in pass pro!
oh boy.... rangel was what 0 for a jillion on passing accuracy in the first nine drives that ended in punts?

we had to try and run it, cause Rangel was missing everything. He settled down some in the 2nd half, but he can't hit the deep ball to save his life. (or the short outs).

I glad we got him some reps in this meaningless game, cause we're in trouble if this keeps up
Joe Khatib
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Joe Khatib said:

Roughrider said:

oh boy.... rangel was what 0 for a jillion on passing accuracy in the first nine drives that ended in punts?

we had to try and run it, cause Rangel was missing everything. He settled down some in the 2nd half, but he can't hit the deep ball to save his life. (or the short outs).

I glad we got him some reps in this meaningless game, cause we're in trouble if this keeps up
Flores, or if we come up with the $$$$$$, Armstrong to the rescue!
CaliforniaCowboy
Joe Khatib said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

Joe Khatib said:

Roughrider said:

Flores, or if we come up with the $$$$$$, Armstrong to the rescue!
I don't think either is the answer, but it may be some of the puzzle pieces that we have to work with.

My position hasn't changed on this issue, we need to drop this dual-threat nonsense and get us a passing QB, our offenses always thrives when we have passing QBs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.