Story Poster
Photo by Nebraska Public Media
Oklahoma State Football

Zane Flores Does All He Can, But Kicker Steals the Show in 43-41 State Title Loss

November 21, 2022
3,422

(Video with this story came Courtesy of WOWL-TV in Omaha, Nebraska)

Oklahoma State 2023 quarterback commitment Zane Flores played the final game of his prep career for Gretna High School on Monday night in the Nebraska Class A State Championship in Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was a rematch of the same title match-up from a year ago where Gretna won 7-3, but had to later vacate the title due to an ineligible player. This year on the way Flores became the all-time leading passer by yards and by completions in leading the Dragons back to the Championship Game. On Monday night Flores did all he could, but in the end the kicker for Omana Westside became the MVP with a kicking performance for the ages.  Tristan Alvano hit his fifth field goal of the game with no time left on the game clock for a 43-41 Westside win.

Nebraska Public Media
Flores warms up at the State Championship.

Flores completed 24-of-37 passing for 414-yards and three touchdowns. He also threw three interceptions, but it was Flores and his arm and legs that kept Gretna in the game they never led until there was 1:55 left on the clock. 

Trailing 7-0 early, Flores hit his first touchdown pass of the game for 52-yards to Tyler Boganowski to tie the game. Then Westside spurted off to a 21-7 advantage before Flores struck again. This time he connected with Blayke Moore down the middle of the field for an 80-yard touchdown pass. Just before halftime, Flores guided the Dragons offense on a long drive and finished it with a two-yard touchdown pass to Etah Stuhr. 

At halftime Westside led 31-21.

In the second half, Flores continued to lead Gretna back and scored on a tough, determined not to be denied score zone run of seven-yards as he dragged defenders into the end zone. Flores ran 10 times for 64-yards and that touchdown that made it 34-27. 

Nebraska Public Media
Flores set to throw and hit Moore on the fi80-yard touchdown.

Finally with 1:55 left and after Flores hit Moore again, this time on a 54-yard pass to the Westside 14-yard-line the Dragons took the lead. Running back Isaiah Webber scored on the next play and the extra point put Gretna up 41-40.

Omaha Westside had too much time and drove the ball down for Alvano to hit the game winner from 45-yards on the last play. Alvano earlier in the game hit field goals of 44, 50, 27, and 42-yards. It was a record for a Nebraska State Championship Game. 

Still, Flores was responsible for 478-yards and four touchdowns in his last game for Gretna and he holds those all-time Nebraska passing records. 

He is scheduled to sign with OSU in December and be on campus for the spring semester.

Discussion from...

Zane Flores Does All He Can, But Kicker Steals the Show in 43-41 State Title Loss

3,081 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by GumbyFromPokeyLand
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What zmazes me Gumby is he never answers a direct question, Hmmm? You and I contribute more in money and effort than most! There is a plaque outside Josh Holidays office that donotes people who gave significant donations to construct O'Brste Stadium, my family put $50,000 dollars towards that effort and the family NAME is on that plaque, plus I personally put in $5,000 towards one of the NIL collectives to help in recruiting to keep our heads above water in this current environment!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

Doesn't have any offers. Interest yes, but offers are the ones that I listed. Just checked again, he also has one from Kstate. This kid isn't that big of a recruit. It's ok to not make him out to be Robert. Maybe they have something. I don't see it and neither did the Elite 11 that he didn't place in.


RA is correct. You may not see it (of course you criticize everything Gundy does) but plenty of people paid to evaluate talent see something.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/250225/zane-flores

GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joe Khatib said:

What zmazes me Gumby is he never answers a direct question, Hmmm? You and I contribute more in money and effort than most! There is a plaque outside Josh Holidays office that donotes people who gave significant donations to construct O'Brste Stadium, my family put $50,000 dollars towards that effort and the family NAME is on that plaque, plus I personally put in $5,000 towards one of the NIL collectives to help in recruiting to keep our heads above water in this current environment!


He says we have praiseworthy players, but he won't praise any of them.

Thanks for your contribution. My name is on the "Proud and Immortal" wall outside the theater in the SU. Crazy horse is just a Gundy hating chump that thinks he knows something.
gary121853
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CaliforniaCowboy said:

1slowpoke said:

At the Bedlam game last Saturday I was talking with some friendly OU fans. Sounds like Jeff Lebby OC at OU may get a HC job such as Ole Miss and if that happens they believe Jackson Arnold their 5* and #4 ranked QB may de-commits from OU. They were not very confident and afraid OSU was going to have a second half similar to ND game until they got the last interception.

RA I see that Arnold went to Denton ISD and OSU gets many recruits from there so would we have interest or offer him if he de-commits from OU?
Kiffen strongly denies that he is leaving Ole Miss..... so there is that.

as a consideration for others, we try not to spread baseless rumors on this site.


Cali are you now the self-anointed 'hall monitor' for all posts? If so, please use the oversized mirror suggested earlier .... lol...
OSUgary
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gary121853 said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

1slowpoke said:

At the Bedlam game last Saturday I was talking with some friendly OU fans. Sounds like Jeff Lebby OC at OU may get a HC job such as Ole Miss and if that happens they believe Jackson Arnold their 5* and #4 ranked QB may de-commits from OU. They were not very confident and afraid OSU was going to have a second half similar to ND game until they got the last interception.

RA I see that Arnold went to Denton ISD and OSU gets many recruits from there so would we have interest or offer him if he de-commits from OU?
Kiffen strongly denies that he is leaving Ole Miss..... so there is that.

as a consideration for others, we try not to spread baseless rumors on this site.


Cali are you now the self-anointed 'hall monitor' for all posts? If so, please use the oversized mirror suggested earlier .... lol...
You and Cowboy "Red" are the Jim Kerry and Jeff Daniels characters from Dumb and Dumber on this site!
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

Whom never gave him a scholarship offer.
Bowling Green, Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma State there is y'all's offer list just so everyone knows.
oops... the goon slipped up once again and pointed out that it is "y'alls offer"... i.e., not his goons team.

if it is "y'alls offer", then he is clearly stating he is not a Cowboy....

QED
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Whom never gave him a scholarship offer.
Bowling Green, Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma State there is y'all's offer list just so everyone knows.
oops... the goon slipped up once again and pointed out that it is "y'alls offer"... i.e., not his goons team.

if it is "y'alls offer", then he is clearly stating he is not a Cowboy....

QED


Good catch

Heretofore I actually didn't think he was a Zero, but that post clearly gave him away. What a loser to go on a rivals message board and act like you're a real fan. He's gonna get called out on every post.
Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CaliforniaCowboy said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

Whom never gave him a scholarship offer.
Bowling Green, Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma State there is y'all's offer list just so everyone knows.
oops... the goon slipped up once again and pointed out that it is "y'alls offer"... i.e., not his goons team.

if it is "y'alls offer", then he is clearly stating he is not a Cowboy....

QED
Yes, very good catch Cali!
Crazed_Stallion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Y'all meaning those of you with orange glasses that don't wanna see that the "palace" is on fire. Gundy is ruining this program with his antics and don't give a damn.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

Y'all meaning those of you with orange glasses that don't wanna see that the "palace" is on fire. Gundy is ruining this program with his antics and don't give a damn.


Might want to worry about your Zeros. Yeah, you go to some OSU games, but you're a Zero fan with OU season tix. You're such a loser acting like a frustrated OSU fan, always bashing the players and coaches.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ahhh, that's too bad about your Zeros. Nice 7th place finish though.
Crazed_Stallion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL, we couldn't even beat them last week. Lost 4 of the last 5. Need to turn the attention to the real question. Will Weiburg and Shrum cave and actually give Gundy another roll over year. 7 wins won't cut it anymore.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

LOL, we couldn't even beat them last week. Lost 4 of the last 5. Need to turn the attention to the real question. Will Weiburg and Shrum cave and actually give Gundy another roll over year. 7 wins won't cut it anymore.


What's this we crap. Earlier it was "y'all" cuz you're a Zero. And what's worse than being a Zero, pretending you're not a Zero.

How do your Norman season tickets feel about now? Hope y'all keep Skeletor. He's awesome.
Crazed_Stallion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazed_Stallion said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.


Are you prepared to lie, which I would expect from a Zero in this instance? Or are you going to be a man and admit you're a Zero fan?
CaliforniaCowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.


Are you prepared to lie, which I would expect from a Zero in this instance? Or are you going to be a man admit you're a Zero fan?
him and "big red sports and imports", both of them wear their crimson in their moniker's

Joe Khatib
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.


Are you prepared to lie, which I would expect from a Zero in this instance? Or are you going to be a man and admit you're a Zero fan?
That is all he has done most of this current football season, remember when he came on here and parroted the Jim Traber Sports Animal BS that old Trabes was putting out on his show that Sanders wouldn't start the TCU game from his CONFIDENTIAL SOURCE! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joe Khatib said:

GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.


Are you prepared to lie, which I would expect from a Zero in this instance? Or are you going to be a man and admit you're a Zero fan?
That is all he has done most of this current football season, remember when he came on here and parroted the Jim Traber Sports Animal BS that old Trabes was putting out on his show that Sanders wouldn't start the TCU game from his CONFIDENTIAL SOURCE! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!


He's pulled the same crap on other sites. Pathetic.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.