Story Poster
Photo by © Nathan J Fish/The Oklahoman / USA TODAY NETWORK
Oklahoma State Basketball

Watch: Mike Boynton Discusses 65-59 Loss to UNT

March 22, 2023

STILLWATER – It was a disappointing end to a once promising season as Oklahoma State fell to North Texas in overtime of the quarterfinals of the NIT, 65-59.

Caleb Asberry led the way in scoring with 14 points on 4-of-12 shooting from the field, 2-of-7 from three and 4-of-7 from the free throw line. Moussa Cisse also scored in double figures with 13 points on 6-of-6 shooting from the field.

The Cowboys combined for 33% shooting from the field, just 18% from three and 60% from the free throw line. They outrebounded UNT 44-38, including a 20-13 clip on the offensive end. However, UNT finished with 23 second chance points on their offensive boards.

Mike Boynton met with the media following the loss to discuss the game and what the program looks like heading into the offseason.

"I'll start by saying we certainly fell below the expectations that I have, and we all have for the program this year. There was certainly some positive things to kind of look back on at some point, but tonight's not that night. I am proud of the kids for fighting the way they did and representing our school and this community the way they have always. Tonight, in particular, North Texas was just a little bit better. We didn't shoot the ball particularly well. They did, a little bit better, I thought our defense was actually pretty decent. At the end of the day, Tylor Perry played like, late, like the Conference USA Player of the Year that he's been. They came out with a win; they move forward and our season's over. So, we get to move on." 

We’ll have a complete breakdown of the season coming up in the next few days.

Discussion from...

Watch: Mike Boynton Discusses 65-59 Loss to UNT

781 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Zach Lancaster
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.