Story Poster
Photo by William Purnell-Imagn Images
Oklahoma State Football

And When You Think It Can't Get Worse and It Does

October 5, 2024

STILLWATER – Over the years I’ve found that Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy is like a lot of coaches including his college head coach Pat Jones. After a win, they can be a little tempetuous and even be combative. Pat Jones often was, but after a loss much more reflective and much easier to ask questions and gain answers.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

And When You Think It Can't Get Worse and It Does

484 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Joe Khatib
TUSKAPOKE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like there is little sense of urgency. The announcers were encouraging Ollie to sit out the rest of the season due to the nonexistent blocking so he does not ruin his opportunity in the NFL. I wouldn't blame him. Continuing to do the same thing (blaming coaches) and not make changes during this next weekend off will make sure the bowl streak is over. Coaching? Talent? Stale offensive play calling? No defensive pressure on the QB? All of these? Yep......GO POKES!!!
tulsasig
Our team has lost the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense for the last four games. Our problems start there, and our team stands little chance of winning until that changes.
Eddy Hackleman
I was proud of Freshman David Kabongo's effort there at the end. He was credited with 4 tackles it seems like it was more. I believe these were his first snaps to play. Good stuff…
GiantStallion56
Reality is that this team was bad last year too. We just lost whatever luck we were running on. Program is so so stale. There is no recognizable scheme on either side of the ball and there's nothing going on in recruiting to suggest that the ship is getting righted any time soon.
CProc7
I can tell you when we play next the offense will run it up the middle twice gain maybe a yard and have two throw with pressure which Bowman isn't any good at. I don't understand where we are going as a program. We thought this year would show we are here at the top after the other two left. We are tied for dead last. Mass changes coming hopefully. The Nardo Dunn experiment need to go. If he would stay on as a WR coach I wouldn't mind Dunn staying but I doubt that.
Fhummel
Mr Allen, u are a homer Gundy said it too
Thought our o line was gonna be good. Worst coaching and game planning I've scene since Dunn was O coordinator. He should perhaps find a job as a receiver coach.
Then our Defense, if u call it that lol. Awful. Stop being a homer.
Joe Khatib
Yup, I agree Eddie! It may be time for them, the Coaches, to consider giving playing time to younger players! I told you today the guard play has not been good all season and I feel they should give the two younger guys Davis Dotson and Austin Kawicki a shot because both are ready now to go full time! I am now very much in the camp now of putting Flores and Maeli Smith out there and let's see what they can do under center!!! Probably have to really hit the portal hard once it opens in December! I was told by someone who would know that the two red dirt concerts next April, which is going to help NIL, will generate approximately $2 million dollars in NIL revenue!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.