Story Poster
Photo by Oklahoma State football
Oklahoma State Football Recruiting

Recruiting Update: Top Target for 2023 is Holding McDonald, Top Target for 2024? A Bunch

September 14, 2022

STILLWATER – I’ve seen where a number of Oklahoma State fans are more concerned about keeping the Cowboys class intact then necessarily adding new commitments to the Class of 2023. Not a bad idea as the Pokes have the best class ranked 63rd that I’ve ever seen. The folks at 247 Sports also have Oklahoma State’s class ranked No. 9 in the Big 12.

To continue reading, you must be a Pokes Report Premium subscriber.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Update: Top Target for 2023 is Holding McDonald, Top Target for 2024? A Bunch

6,920 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CaliforniaCowboy
rcfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we lose any scholarship players? I thought initially we had space for 2-3, then it became 5, now it's 8. If we have 8 players and only Warren and Tre Spivey among the rated recruits to look at, does it mean other 5-6 positions will go to diamonds in the rough kind of players or transfers?

Hopefully we finish strong with getting both Warren and Spivey, along with some stud Oline guys. With losing both Ethan Thompson and Lance Heard, I don't see any 247 rated targets remaining in OSU board.
Pokes4158
Yeah the reporting has been all over the place. Originally we were gonna take 13 or so now it's almost a full class we can take when a couple months ago we didn't land guys because we didn't have room. With all due respect pokes report has missed the mark totally on basically all recruiting predictions or guesses or what have you. This is not a trusted recruiting website. We have been told everything under the sun especially when we whiff on a kid
CaliforniaCowboy
and who, pray tell, is doing so much of a better job predicting the classes?

it's not really cool or tactful to come onto somebody's site and trash them
rcfb
Only thing I remember is that Oklahoma State didn't offer Cole Adams because we were full. No more space in WR class. Now we have 2 spaces. That's the only reason I am worried if OSU is expecting players to hit portal or something happened behind the scenes that we don't know.
Pokes4158
There was an o line kid they said they same thing about. He was on campus and really liked us etc etc but we were full so he left us out. I am pretty sure they said we were full 2-3 different times. I asked in the comments before about whether we had an influx of kids all of a sudden wanting to leave after the season but got no response. It doesn't add up really so I'm definitely curious as well
Pokes4158
I said with all due respect
Crazed_Stallion
Once the big boys come in McDonald and Warren are gone. With the NIL era upon us. Oklahoma State doesn't stand a chance. 63rd class is laughable and really out right disturbing. How you put so much money into this and come out with a 50-100 class is pathetic. Look at the new big XII schools you will be competing with and where they rank currently. Per 247; Baylor 18, TT 19, Cin 22, TCU 27, WV 31, ISU 32, Kstate 41, OSU at 60. Come on, now that's crazy even for Oklahoma State recruiting standards 30-45.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

I said with all due respect
Bless your heart

Pokes4158
But we are supposed to believe it's all good lol
gary121853
Pokes Report(ing) on recruiting has indeed been all over the map ... which in their defense is likely a direct reflection of the recruiting performance of overall Staff and Director and subsequent low rating ... long ago i tired of the over used narrative(s) used to defend OSU football recruiting results ...fact is ...(never have) performed like a top 20 program in FB recruiting and its more than embarrassing...
OSUgary
CaliforniaCowboy
recruiting rankings are BOGUS.

We only have 11 recruits... the conf teams that are currently "voted" in the top 25 by ranking services all have around 22-25.

Please compare apples to apples when posting about this nonsense.

It seems obvious that OSU has moved to the "Portal Model" in recent years, and depends on much of our talent to come in WITH EXPERIENCE, except for a few HS kids that the coaches believe have talent that can be developed.

OSU is a top 20 teams over the years, regardless of what the stupid ranking services rate the kids at.

good lord, why do we have to have this conversation every other month.

The original questions in this thread seemed valid, are we full or not full? what's up with the class?

the rest of the bash on Pokes Reports posts need to be taken to the rumor board site, or the Gundy bashing site.

Pokes4158
^^^^^^^
Portal model….. newest osu recruiting narrative
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

^^^^^^^
Portal model….. newest osu recruiting narrative
that's just what I named it... prior to the "portal" it was graduate transfers

no excuses needed, OSU is kicking butt!

Don't look now, but we're ranked #8 in the country, and much of our team will be returning next year!!

crying about high school kids in the uncertain age of NIL seems way overblown
gary121853
Tell us something we dont already know ...we already know the recruiting rankings methodologies and as such, are not the end all..be all .. of the recruiting topic. But to state 'they are bogus' (another way of saying they have no value or accuracy) is way off base. They are 1 of several valid ways to measure recruiting success/effectiveness.
OSUgary
Crazed_Stallion
This is about to get "freezing cold taked."
Robert Allen
Staff
I have gone in and added to the second paragraph to address some of your questions and observations. The recruiting number in any class is a moving target, much more than ever. It is impacted by numbers that will be held back for transfer portal additions. It is impacted by number of players that say they will or won't take advantage of the COVID year of extra eligibility as those players have counted against your 85 limit starting with the second year after initiated (2022).
Pokes4158
I can't even take recruiting seriously on this site anymore lol it's like just tell us what ever then change it at will with know real explanation why. Imagine reading an article then telling your work buddies hey man I was reading such and such about recruiting and it's all wrong lol people pay for this type of site for accurate information so they don't sound like idiots when talking to people about it or just reporting twitter stuff. We don't get that here. It's not bashing it's legit false info. The ratio of right to wrong with recruiting is waaaay off. As subscribers we rely on sites like this to get accurate information but here it's like just throwing darts at a dart board. Y'all just go down the 24/7 list and throw out predictions and articles like it doesn't matter. This seems to not be integrity filled journalism. I'm just calling it like I see it it's not personal but we are receiving guess work at best
Pokes4158
Also before someone bashes for my honesty I think pokes report does a fine job in most areas recruiting is just not one of them.
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

I can't even take recruiting seriously on this site anymore lol it's like just tell us what ever then change it at will with know real explanation why. Imagine reading an article then telling your work buddies hey man I was reading such and such about recruiting and it's all wrong lol people pay for this type of site for accurate information so they don't sound like idiots when talking to people about it or just reporting twitter stuff. We don't get that here. It's not bashing it's legit false info. The ratio of right to wrong with recruiting is waaaay off. As subscribers we rely on sites like this to get accurate information but here it's like just throwing darts at a dart board. Y'all just go down the 24/7 list and throw out predictions and articles like it doesn't matter. This seems to not be integrity filled journalism. I'm just calling it like I see it it's not personal but we are receiving guess work at best
bu bye

CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Also before someone bashes for my honesty I think pokes report does a fine job in most areas recruiting is just not one of them.
you've never displayed honesty....

recruiting the main objective of this site....

Pokes4158
Aren't you a Nevada fan? How's your boy shane doin?
Pokes4158
So I was lying when I gave my honest opinion? Lol
CaliforniaCowboy
CowboyRed said:

Aren't you a Nevada fan? How's your boy shane doin?
no, I am a Shane fan. He went to the local high school, and I like drop back passers.

He didn't start last week, and they lost. He's 2-0 as a Nevada Starter, and 3-0 as an OSU starter.

do you have anything relevant to say?
Pokes4158
Why didn't he start?
Joe Khatib
CowboyRed said:

So I was lying when I gave my honest opinion? Lol
No, I respect your opinion but it seems like in this day and age I think you have to take any recruiting report etc… with a grain of salt even here on Pokes Report because you don't know what the team really looks like until the Spring Practice Period preceding the next season! I never would have imagined we would lose THREE KEY defensive starters from last year (Bernard-Converse, Jernigan and McAlister) to the transfer portal!!!!
GumbyFromPokeyLand
CaliforniaCowboy said:

WOW! Just friggin WOW!

Mr. Bash on RA's opinions is bashing another poster questioning an article?

Dude, you have absolutely no self-awareness. None. Zero. Good God you're clueless.

PokeRob
So are we having recruits visit the games. Could you please keep us updated on who were at the games? Thanks.
CaliforniaCowboy
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

WOW! Just friggin WOW!

Dude, you have absolutely no self-awareness. None. Zero. Good God you're clueless.

nope, sorry silly... you're just confused as always. (or more likely twisting it to create your own narrative so you can accuse others)

I have commented on some of RAs (and Zachs) reporting DIRECTLY TO THEM, but I have never ever said or even implied to other posters that the information presented by this site is not valuable or reliable.

go fight with somebody else, you apparently have problems understanding written English (or you're just out trolling again)
GumbyFromPokeyLand
CaliforniaCowboy said:

GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

CaliforniaCowboy said:

WOW! Just friggin WOW!

nope, sorry silly... you're just confused as always. (or more likely twisting it to create your own narrative so you can accuse others)

I have commented on some of RAs (and Zachs) reporting DIRECTLY TO THEM, but I have never ever said or even implied to other posters that the information presented by this site is not valuable or reliable.

go fight with somebody else, you apparently have problems understanding written English (or you're just out trolling again)

That's rich. You've repeatedly posted disparaging remarks towards RA regarding realignment and tv viewership as unreliable, irrelevant or incorrect. No different than the above poster's remarks about recruiting. Not cool.

CaliforniaCowboy
GumbyFromPokeyLand said:

That's rich. You've repeatedly posted disparaging remarks towards RA regarding realignment and tv viewership as unreliable, irrelevant or incorrect. No different than the above poster's remarks about recruiting.

nope... you sir are a liar.

I have done no such thing. Besides I can comment on his articles, because that's what forums are for, and the authors do appreciate feedback, even if they don't agree.

One of the primary purposes of this site is to provide recruiting information, that is a main passion of RA's. I would never ever tell others that RAs whole professional purpose is not trustworthy. Are you freaking kidding me.

Go bash on somebody else you troll.

What I do is more akin to telling the restaurant manager that the decor is getting a bit stale, while this guy was INSIDE the establishment telling patrons not to eat here because he got salmonella.

no comparison what so ever, but you don't care about facts or details, you are only here to fight with others, that's what you said several times.

Robert Allen
Staff
We put out the prospects at the game every week.
Joe Khatib
Crazed_Stallion said:

You obviously rode the short bus to school!!!
CaliforniaCowboy
Joe Khatib said:

Crazed_Stallion said:

You obviously rode the short bus to school!!!
now, now, Joe, no personal attacks on others

Crazed_Stallion
Lol, why is that? Because the "kicking butt comment" not sure what you're referring to. We have play nobody in non con. Now we gotta play the teeth of the big XII. Not gonna be great in 2 weeks when our offense puts up 10 points and our offensive line gets rolled.
CaliforniaCowboy
Crazed_Stallion said:

Lol, why is that? Because the "kicking butt comment" not sure what you're referring to. We have play nobody in non con. Now we gotta play the teeth of the big XII. Not gonna be great in 2 weeks when our offense puts up 10 points and our offensive line gets rolled.
yeah, well, I'll bet you a pizza that prediction doesn't come true.

I just don't understand why you only want to bash on our team... we're all here to cheer them on, and it would be nice if you could participate with us.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.